Dean of Research, Stanford, California, United States
The Kavli Institute for Particle Astrophysics and Cosmology (KIPAC) is a joint research institute of Stanford University and SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory, and the home for astrophysics and cosmology research at Stanford. We are a vibrant community of ~150 people, including faculty, administrative and scientific staff, postdoctoral fellows, and students, who are engaged in answering the biggest questions about how the Universe works. We are committed to discovery based research, to educating and training a diverse group of scientists, and to sharing the wonder of the Universe with the public. In realizing our mission, our staff are critical to supporting our organization's goals and enabling Stanford faculty and students to accomplish their mission of conducting cutting-edge research and educating the next generation of scientists.
Learn more about our team here: https://kipac.stanford.edu/
.Our VPDoR Diversity Journey:
- We create a hub of innovation through the power of diversity of disciplines and people.
- We provide equitable access and opportunity to all members of the community in order to do their best work, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- We listen to and value all colleagues who bring diverse perspectives to the advancement and development of a respectful community.
- We promote a culture of belonging, equity, and safety.
- We embed these values in excellence of education, research, and operation.
KIPAC seeks a highly motivated, experienced, and organized Executive Assistant to provide complex and diversified administrative support with minimal supervision to the KIPAC Director and the institute as a whole. The Executive Assistant will work independently and proactively to identify solutions to complex problems and provide high-level administrative support.
This an essential role that includes managing calendars, processing financial transactions and expenses, managing email communications, coordinating regular visitors, and coordinating logistics for meetings and events. The Executive Assistant will also take on special projects and activities in service of the organization as well as the faculty, involving gathering and analyzing information and preparing reports.
This position requires high flexibility and responsiveness, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to adapt to change and work independently. The successful candidate will have a strong background and proven track record in managing competing demands and priorities with the highest degree of professionalism and accuracy and must possess excellent project management, communication, and editing skills. The candidate must be able to exercise sound judgement in a variety of different situations, interact professionally with a wide range of people, and handle highly confidential matters with discretion.CORE DUTIES:
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:Education & Experience:
- Plan and schedule complex calendar(s) with limited or no consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts. Negotiate and manage the needs of individuals or groups requesting time with the supervisor, independently committing his/her time. May occasionally represent the supervisor by attending meetings in his/her absence; speaking for the supervisor.
- Act on behalf of the supervisor in regards to establishing priorities and identifying and resolving problems that are administrative in nature. Use independent judgment to keep supervisor informed of all matters that require his/her attention.
- Serve as the liaison to various internal and external constituencies, including screening correspondence and telephone calls; keep the supervisor informed of all matters requiring his/her attention.
- Independently prioritize, plan, coordinate and/or oversee logistics and conferences with individuals and entities internal and external to the university, including executive and senior level staff, donors and government officials.
- Compose correspondence; develop, review and edit presentations and documentation; independently research and analyze associated issues and/or compile materials needed for presentation and/or decision making purposes.
- Manage complex business travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Prepare reports and analyses, identify adverse trends and make appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously. Anticipate and track initial dates, events and associated action items; follow up with appropriate parties on behalf of supervisor to ensure deadlines are met.
- May also supervise staff.
High school diploma and five years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated high level administrative experience including advanced computer skills and experience with office software and email and calendar applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including editing and proofreading.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to perform duties with a high level of professionalism, flexibility, discretion, judgement, diplomacy, and tact.
- Ability to multi-task, adapt to changing priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Experience supporting an executive-level leader with complex and diverse administrative needs
- Experience with online software applications and basic website editing.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sitting.
- Occasionally use a telephone, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weight up to 10 pounds.
- May require occasional extended hours for meeting and event support.
Why Stanford is for You
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture
and unique perks
empower you with:
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/3069572
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency