Research Finance Administrator 2
School of Engineering, Stanford, California, United States
seeks to create a fusion of engineering and the life sciences, promoting the development of new biomedical technologies, therapies, and scientific discovery through research and education. Jointly supported by the Schools of Medicine and Engineering, we include, in a single department, research and teaching programs that embrace biology as a new engineering paradigm and apply engineering principles to medical problems and biological systems.
As a Research Finance Administrator
, you will provide a full range of administrative and financial services managing pre-award proposal submissions and post-award research dollars for a portfolio of Bioengineering faculty. You will work with diverse funding sources from sponsored grants to non-sponsored sources such as foundation grants and industrial contracts. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work closely with faculty, researchers, and lab staff to share your financial expertise, ensure research funds are spent appropriately, playing a critical role in advancing the work of this exciting department. Are you looking for a finance-centered role that will build on your expertise and provide the opportunity to work independently with faculty and staff? Then this could be the place for you! To be successful in this role you will need to bring program management, training grant management, pre-award, and grant submission expertise in addition to post-award finance experience.Your responsibilities include:
- Participate with principal investigator in the preparation of the administrative components of proposals within parameters of sponsored and non-sponsored research guidelines. Oversee and communicate submission process, both paper and electronic, review documents for completeness and compliance.
- Develop, prepare, and finalize project budgets, and provide budget justification.
- Serve as liaison and active partner between principal investigators, Office of Sponsored Research, research groups, and other departments; respond to sponsor inquiries.
- Collaborate with Office of Sponsored Research to ensure awards are set up properly and cost-sharing requirements are fulfilled, initiate cost transfers.
- Review and approve expenditures, advise on post award spending and commitment activity, and oversee compliance related to fund and revenue.
- Develop and communicate reports supporting project status; create effective forecasting and decision aides.
- Participate in contract closeout process; submit final reports and certificates. Compile information and documents needed for audit inquiries.
- Understand, apply, and advise on university and government policies for projects.
- Serve as a resource on subject area and overall technical resource to principal investigator and other university staff.
- Participate in and contribute to process improvements. Lead other staff in group projects
- May participate as a mentor and provide cross-training as needed.
Flexibility with other tasks as assigned.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's degree and three years of job-related experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.Preferred Qualifications:
Three years of program management and pre-award grant submission experience.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Certifications and Licenses:
- Basic knowledge of governmental regulations.
- Ability to understand, interpret, and communicate policies and procedures.
- Excellent oral, written, and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills; demonstrated proficiency in Excel and web-based tools.
- Strong accounting skills; knowledge of accounting principles.
- Ability to complete Cardinal Curriculum I and II within first year in role.
- Knowledge of procurement needs, including sole-sourcing, cost analyses, vendor requirements, and small business reporting.
- Knowledge of property management requirements related to Stanford or non-Stanford title of equipment and fabrications.
- Competency in project management.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to work well independently, but also to seek or offer assistance when needed.
- Ability to review a proposal or manage a project with understanding of the overall scope and goal of each sponsored project.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Cardinal Curriculum I and II must be completed to remain in this position.
- Certified Accountant or Auditor or similar credential desired.
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly, use fine manipulation, and perform desk-based computer tasks, lift, carry, push and pull objects weighing up to ten pounds.
- Occasionally stand, walk, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, write by hand and sort and file paperwork or parts.
- Rarely lift, carry, push, and pull objects weighing 11-20 pounds.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.WORK STANDARDS:
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu
.Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture
and unique perks
empower you with:
How to Apply
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application. Your one-page cover letter should briefly describe your background in customer service and provide examples of your experience with attention to detail, responsiveness, and decision-making.
*The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
*Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/3069566
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency