Director of Marketing, Main Campus - Georgetown University
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.RequirementsDirector of Marketing, Main Campus - Georgetown UniversityOverview
Who says you can't teach an old bulldog new tricks?
Georgetown University is seeking a Director of Marketing
who will hire and build a new team of marketers to support designated graduate schools' marketing efforts. We're looking for someone who is analytical and results-focused, with a deep knowledge of digital marketing lead generation tactics, website user-experience, content strategy, SEO and paid search, and email marketing/CRM systems; and who will also hire, train, and supervise marketing team members and take responsibility for their professional development.
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, this new position will play a senior management role on the MarTech team where they will develop strong working relationships with internal partners and external agencies. The Director of Marketing
will also plan, develop, implement, and evaluate lead generation, engagement strategies, and brand-building efforts for Georgetown's graduate programs.
If you're interested in the challenge of building a team and a new marketing effort for a 233-year-old, world-renowned university - and being responsible for and sharing in the success of both - then continue reading!
And while a love of cats isn't a deal breaker, our bulldog mascot, Jack, might have something to say about that.ResponsibilitiesMarketing Strategy Development and Management
Relationship and Team Building
- In collaboration with the CMO, develop the marketing strategy and project plan each fiscal year.
- Lead the execution of the marketing strategy - allocating corresponding resources and budgeting appropriately - to efficiently support the integrated advertising and marketing tactics promoting the Georgetown University brand and graduate programs to achieve annual enrollment and revenue targets.
- Oversee agency partners and manage the relationships, and - in collaboration with the CMO - manage contracts, project parameters, workflows, and corresponding budgets.
- Oversee day-to-day marketing schedule and direct the activities of marketing staff members to complete their assigned tasks within established budgets and timelines.
- Determine how to best improve current “owned assets” (e.g., website, email communications, etc.) for optimal prospective student lead generation, and develop a plan, strategy, and timeline for implementation.
- Track budget expenditures and maintain up-to-date and accurate budgets.
- Develop strong relationships with faculty, program staff, and admissions; define ideal prospective student target audiences across programs; and determine marketing and content strategy to appeal to and convert these prospects.
- Lead marketing team through effective management and mentorship. Through weekly team and individual one-on-one meetings, inform, educate, and inspire marketing team members to work to achieve overall organization goals and individual personal and professional development goals. Provide counsel, timely feedback, and direction and assess and reassign workload as required.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years marketing, branding, and/or advertising experience or an equivalent combination
- Professional experience planning and executing digital marketing campaigns with measurable results to advance the goals of an organization
- Experience in website redesign/user-experience, creative development and production, media planning and placement, and digital lead generation campaigns
- Proven success in managing and mentoring staff members
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and synthesize data and glean actionable insights that inform strategy
- Familiarity with SEO and SEM best practices and managing paid search campaigns
- Experience using a CMS (e.g., WordPress), a CRM (e.g., Marketo), and Google Analytics
- Experience managing a budget and external vendor relationship
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Master's degree
- Higher education marketing experience
Work Mode: Hybrid (3 Days on Washington DC Campus, 2 days telework).
- Tuition benefits that include full coverage of a 4-year degree or equivalent, including master's degrees, certificates, and beyond after two years of full-time employment
- 13 paid holidays, plus a week off between Christmas and New Year's Day
- 16 days PTO
- Ample professional development opportunities
- Access to exclusive University-wide benefits, including guest speakers, trainings, events, discounts, facilities, and more
- Excellent work/life balance
- Please visit Georgetown's Office of Faculty & Staff Benefits for full information
Please note that work mode designations are regularly reviewed in order to meet the evolving needs of the University. Such review may necessitate a change to a position's mode of work designation. Complete details about Georgetown University's mode of work designations for staff and AAP positions can be found on the Department of Human Resources Mode of Work Designation
PLEASE NOTE: In order to be considered as an applicant for any position at Georgetown University, you must submit a resume/CV, along with a cover letter. Please upload these as a single file.Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu
) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.Submission Guidelines:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.Need Assistance:
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here
for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected]
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Georgetown University offers a comprehensive and competitive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, retirement savings, tuition assistance, work-life balance benefits, employee discounts and an array of voluntary insurance options. You can learn more about benefits and eligibility on the Department of Human Resources website
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements:
The Georgetown University community is committed to our public health approach and the important role that vaccines play in contributing to the safety of our University and our broader communities. Georgetown University requires students, faculty, staff and visitors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to have received a COVID-19 vaccine booster shot when eligible, or to have an approved medical or religious exemption. This requirement applies to all faculty and staff, including teleworking employees. Complete details and updates can be found in the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resource Center
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3068796
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency