Multimedia Technologist, Information Systems and Technology Georgetown University Law Center
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.RequirementsMultimedia Technologist, Information Systems and Technology - Georgetown University Law Center
The Multimedia Technologist,
a member of the Georgetown University Law Center's Information Systems and Technology audiovisual group, has primary duties that include but not are not limited to:
- Collaborates with the Special Events team to plan and execute AV support for
- Ensures special events receive the appropriate AV support by disseminating
information to the AV team and assigning tasks to AV team members.
- Provides general AV support for events and classes, both on-campus and virtually
- Adapts to fully virtual event support in the wake of the pandemic by developing
new processes to creatively accommodate events that normally could only be held
on campus - such as using multiple simultaneous Zoom rooms to accomplish a moot
- Monitors and resolves help desk tickets while providing excellent customer service
to faculty, staff, and guests, including VIP guests, including Senators, Congressmen and Judges.
- Inspects and maintains AV hardware and software in classroom and event spaces.
- Edits event recordings using Adobe Premiere to be shared via video hosting
platforms such as Vimeo and YouTube.
- Secures live and post captioning services for special events from third party
- Purchases and keeps inventory of AV equipment and related services, and submits
monthly expense reports to the Georgetown Finance Office.
Work hours are Saturday through Wednesday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with flexible hours and overtime throughout the week, based on staffing needs.Work Mode: On Campus.
- Bachelor's degree (note: consideration will be given to equivalent work experience) or 5 years of video production and media encoding experience - preferably in an educational setting
- Proficiency in Windows and Mac environments
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to maintain an excellent level of customer service with faculty, staff and students
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds and to work from ladders and scaffolding
- Working knowledge of safety equipment - for example, gloves, eye and ear protection
- Willingness and availability to work flexible hours and overtime
Please note that work mode designations are regularly reviewed in order to meet the evolving needs of the University. Such review may necessitate a change to a position's mode of work designation. Complete details about Georgetown University's mode of work designations for staff and AAP positions can be found on the Department of Human Resources Mode of Work Designation
.Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu
) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.Submission Guidelines:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.Need Assistance:
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here
for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected]
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Georgetown University offers a comprehensive and competitive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, retirement savings, tuition assistance, work-life balance benefits, employee discounts and an array of voluntary insurance options. You can learn more about benefits and eligibility on the Department of Human Resources website
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements:
The Georgetown University community is committed to our public health approach and the important role that vaccines play in contributing to the safety of our University and our broader communities. Georgetown University requires students, faculty, staff and visitors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to have received a COVID-19 vaccine booster shot when eligible, or to have an approved medical or religious exemption. This requirement applies to all faculty and staff, including teleworking employees. Complete details and updates can be found in the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resource Center
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3068742
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency