Manager for Research Administration, McCourt School of Public Policy Georgetown University
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.RequirementsManager for Research Administration, McCourt School of Public Policy - Georgetown University
To deepen and broaden the research footprint of Georgetown's McCourt School of Public Policy
, additional support is needed for academic and research faculty in applying for and managing externally-sponsored research grants. McCourt already provides a broad range of research administration services, vertically-integrated across the grant lifecycle and inclusive of traditionally departmental administrative functions, relatively unique among Main Campus academic programs. A comprehensive plan for enhancing the level and scope of research administration services the School can provide to its faculty starts with establishing a new key support position for the Directors of Research Finance and Administration at McCourt.
The Manager for Research Administration
in the McCourt School of Public Policy, in coordination with the McCourt Directors of Research Finance & Administration will support all McCourt faculty and staff with the day-to-day financial management and general administrative support of sponsored research grants, other revenue-generating contracts, and gift funds. The role of this McCourt Manager is to provide additional research administrative support to the Directors and to the PIs so in order to improve overall research productivity and increase the volume of
sponsored research at McCourt.
The Manager for Research Administration
will facilitate the conduct and administration of research at McCourt by proactively providing relevant and complete information to PIs, the Directors, and associated university departments as part of a wide range of tasks including, but not limited to, proposal and budget preparation, financial monitoring and tracking of awards and contracts, auditing and compliance responsibilities, and administrative duties related to
personnel recruitment and retention.
Reporting to the McCourt Directors of Research and Administration and working closely with McCourt faculty, staff, and research administrators, as well as a variety of central University departments who support research and finance administration, the Manager for Research Administration
provides high quality internal & external customer service, including:
1) Clear, concise and accurate responses to inquiries/requests from faculty and administrators
2) Follow through on any issues that require contact with other internal or external departments
3) Effective handoffs to other team members or other internal departments where details do not fall through the cracks that cause incomplete resolutions or unanswered questions
4) Fast and timely responses to inquiries/requests
5) Supportive and professional attitude toward faculty and administrators from all levels, and
6) Initiate and foster excellent working relationships with sponsors or sub-awardee representativesQualifications
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 to 7 years of relevant experience required, ideally including grant administration, finance, or accounting in higher education.
- At least 2 years in pre- or post-award sponsored research management, preferably in a higher education setting
- Superior oral and written communication skills, and the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external constituents including faculty members, their staff, central university offices, sponsors, and auditors
- Familiarity with pertinent regulatory documents including the OMB Uniform Guidance (formerly OMB A-21, A-110, and A-133), Federal Acquisition Regulations, and Cost Accounting Standards
- Experience with grant budgeting as required by federal and federal agency-specific guidelines as well as nonfederal funding agencies
- Knowledge of financial compliance subject areas such as: a) Time and effort reporting; b) Payroll certification; c) Equipment reporting; d) Cost transfer regulations; and e) Cost allocation rules
- Ability to take initiative and to multi-task, moving easily among a variety of projects
- High level of organization and an orientation to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team, but also function independently, and to see tasks to completion in a timely manner
- Demonstrated financial accounting skills to enable account reconciliation, financial and programmatic report production, and a high level of proficiency in Excel
Work Mode: Telework.
- Master's degree
- Knowledge of Workday/GMS is an advantage
Please note that work mode designations are regularly reviewed in order to meet the evolving needs of the University. Such review may necessitate a change to a position's mode of work designation. Complete details about Georgetown University's mode of work designations for staff and AAP positions can be found on the Department of Human Resources Mode of Work Designation
.Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu
) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.Submission Guidelines:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.Need Assistance:
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here
for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected]
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Georgetown University offers a comprehensive and competitive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, retirement savings, tuition assistance, work-life balance benefits, employee discounts and an array of voluntary insurance options. You can learn more about benefits and eligibility on the Department of Human Resources website
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements:
The Georgetown University community is committed to our public health approach and the important role that vaccines play in contributing to the safety of our University and our broader communities. Georgetown University requires students, faculty, staff and visitors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to have received a COVID-19 vaccine booster shot when eligible, or to have an approved medical or religious exemption. This requirement applies to all faculty and staff, including teleworking employees. Complete details and updates can be found in the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resource Center
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3068668
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency