Administrative Services Administrator 1
School of Humanities and Sciences, Stanford, California, United States
Administrative Manager (Administrative Services Administrator 1)
The School of Humanities and Sciences (H&S) is the center of a world-class liberal arts education at Stanford University. H&S encompasses 23 departments—from Art and Art History, English, and History to Economics, Mathematics, and Biology—as well as 25 interdisciplinary programs. As the university's largest school, H&S serves as the foundation of a Stanford undergraduate education no matter which discipline students pursue as a major. Graduate students work alongside world-renowned faculty to pursue and shape foundational research that leads to breakthroughs and discoveries that shed new light on the past, influence the present, and shape the future. Together, faculty and students in H&S engage in inspirational teaching, learning, and research every day.JOB PURPOSE:
The Department of Biology is seeking an Administrative Manager that will manage a team of seven administrative associates who provide administrative support to faculty and their labs. The Administrative Manager will provide high quality service to both faculty and staff. This position will lead, hire, and train the members of their team as well as coach and provide day to day direction of their work and provide backup to their team as needed. The manager will continually review workload distribution across the team to ensure work is evenly allocated. This includes collecting and analyzing monthly transactions and proposal metrics.
As part of the management team, this position will collaborate closely with other managers to review and update internal policies and procedures to ensure compliance; make suggestions and implement new processes to improve efficiency and productivity. The ideal candidate will be someone who works well with different personalities and is able to bridge differences and is innovative in solving problems. The ideal candidate will be flexible with handling multiple tasks and have basic knowledge of financial transactions and budgeting.
The position reports directly to the Manager, Finance & Administration.
Note: The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.CORE DUTIES:
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:Education & Experience:
- Independently implement, administer and evaluate day-to-day activities of the unit, function or program by identifying and executing tasks and objectives, making recommendations that impact policies and programs, and assigning resources to achieve the goals of the program.
- Collect and analyze data, create reports, review and explain trends; formulate and evaluate alternative solutions and/or recommendations to achieve the goals of the program or function.
- Analyze and interpret policies; develop, revise and implement procedures for program or function.
- Represent the program or function as the key contact and subject matter expert within the department, unit or school. Commit resources and provide information and/or training. May also represent the program or function to external/internal stakeholders and constituencies.
- Organize and/or participate in outreach activities that may include developing communications and training, planning/promoting events and/or conferences.
- May participate in development of budgets, monitor, and approve expenditures. May perform limited forecasting and provide recommendations that determine the budget.
- May direct staff to perform various tasks and assignments. May also supervise staff.
Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Certifications and Licenses:
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize own work and multi-task.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
- Demonstrated experience working independently and as part of a team.
- Relevant subject matter knowledge.
- Ability to direct the work of others, for jobs requiring supervision.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sitting, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally use a telephone.
- Rarely lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 11-20 pounds.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.WORK STANDARDS:
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/3068180
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency