We are seeking a Senior Biostatistician
who will work directly with the Co-Director, Sr. Program Manager, and Ph.D Biostatistician of the Success with Therapies Research Consortium (STRC) Data Core. This position will be the lead biostatistician for a national consortium. Primary responsibility will be implementing best practices of data management, provide study design, and analytic leadership for various complex projects and secondary analyses for publications, presentations and grant submissions. Opportunities may be available to develop one's own line of research within the scope of the STRC mission.
This position will routinely interact with a multidisciplinary team. Must have ability to manage multi-project workload, both development and maintenance. Depending on the task and project involved the position may be expected to lead, work as part of a team, or work individually to complete the work as necessary. Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Scope of Responsibility:
- Partner with investigators to advise on research with primary responsibility for study design, sampling design, sample size, weighting, data management plan, data analysis plans, data processing and analysis, data security, and interpretation and presentation of study data.
- Recommend appropriate statistical procedures, design, implement and manage computerized systems for analysis of complex research data and use a variety of statistical procedures including but not limited to categorical data analysis, time series analysis, survival analysis, longitudinal modeling, spatial analysis, and complex survey data analysis.
- Prepares analysis plans, and writes detailed specifications for analysis files.
- Interprets analyses and writes statistical sections of study reports, utilize knowledge of statistics and quantitative analysis to conduct research studies and data analyses.
- Prepare, present, and disseminate reports, manuscripts/publications/presentations, and other data materials.
- May contribute to writing manuscripts /publications. Produce tables and graphs in publication-quality form.
- Serves as a program reviewer and quality control checkpoint person for analyses (conducted by self or by others).
- Contribute to the development of standard operating procedures.
- Make suggestions or provide solutions to problems related to data management and statistical analysis.
- Proactively seek to improve or optimize data workflows between Data Analysts, Biostatisticians, and the rest of the study team.
- Design and manage statistical programming application templates and packages for data analysis, visualizations, and reporting to be utilized by team members.
- Attend and contribute to weekly meetings.
- Assist in the development of questionnaires by making recommendations to data collection procedures and databases structures.
- Supervise data analysts in data management, data cleaning and analytic procedures.
- Provides training, assistance, advises students, post-docs, and research staff on data analysis.
- May serve as resource for research staff and field data coordinators regarding data issues: collection, entry, quality, and transfer.
- All other responsibilities as assigned.
- Knows the informal policies, procedures and practices necessary to conduct the normal function of a specific section, unit, or work area.
- Is aware of the role of the position and its potential impact on the working unit.
- Exercises managerial or professional judgment and assumes complete responsibility for decisions, consequences, and results.
- Engages in regular and continuous decision making having an impact on people, costs, and/or quality of service.
- May oversee and coordinate the work of the study staff including a research data analyst and research program coordinators
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Exchanges routine information in an appropriate manner requiring good oral and written communication skills.
- Requires excellent oral and written (a cover letter is a requirement) communication skills to communicate effectively with a broad range of individuals including faculty and staff, sponsors, and investigators and staff at consortium centers. Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Master's Degree in Biostatistics, Epidemiology, or related quantitative field. PhD preferred.
- 3 years related experience.
* Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date. Preferred Qualifications:
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) and of quantitative data analysis programming software such as R, SAS, Stata, or MATLAB.
- Understanding of data collection practices, and data cleaning principles, and statistical analysis.
- Experience in statistical analysis, database management and data analysis including longitudinal analysis.
- Excellent theoretical knowledge and outstanding ability to apply statistical approaches to a broad range of study designs.
- Flexibility to work on multiple projects.
- Ability to see the big picture while at the same time paying attention to detail.
- Exercises good judgment, initiative and innovation in decision making involving design, implementation and coordination of the programs and evaluating the performance of project activities against overall objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision and to make decisions independently. Ability to work independently and in concert with others. Demonstrated ability to be proactive and take initiative.
- Demonstrated supervisory or leadership responsibilities.
- Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time.
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard.
- Communication skills using the spoken word.
- Ability to see within normal parameters.
- Ability to hear within normal range.
- Ability to move about.
Classified Title: Sr. Biostatistician
Starting Salary Range: $61,550 - $84,700 annually (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: varies, 37.5
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: Johns Hopkins Bayview
Department name: SOM DOM Pulmonary
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at [email protected]
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
To apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Sr_-Biostatistician-MD-21224/883741300/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency