HR Business Partner
Join our community and experience Emerson College!
The HRBP will partner with client departments and within HR to design and implement programs, activities and initiatives that align with the strategic people and business objectives of the College, HR and client departments. Foundational to the HRBP role is the ability to develop strong credible partnerships with client departments, HR colleagues, legal counsel and other stakeholders and to serve as trusted advisors to managers, staff and faculty. Effective partnerships will require learning about and understanding their client departments' business. The position includes working with both unionized and non-union staff. Provides exceptional, quality customer service and crisp execution of deliverables. Serving as a positive change agent is another important aspect of this job. The Human Resources Business Partner will have solid experience and working knowledge in many areas of Human Resources management with a focus on employee and/or labor relations, employment law, engagement, performance management, compensation, and staff, workforce and organizational development.
- Meet regularly with department leaders to understand their business, departmental goals and objectives and to develop trusting partnerships
- Collaborate with management in assessing their department's leadership/management capabilities, employee relations climate, individual and team performance, development opportunities, structure, roles, staffing levels, rewards and recognition, and overall engagement
- Guide and influence managers in positive employee and/or labor relations and legally sound employment practices
- Proactively coach managers in problem prevention and early identification and resolution of ER problems as well as in resolving more complex ER issues and situations
- Provide coaching and guidance to employees at all levels in a variety of employment matters, and help them develop positive interpersonal problem solving skills
- Provide policy interpretation and compliance information regarding various employment-related statutes and regulations. Provide sound guidance regarding the interpretation of applicable collective bargaining agreements
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition to develop continual improvements to recruit and retain top talent, as well as enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the HR team.
- Conduct employment-related investigations as needed
- Work with HR Engagement/Training professionals to develop content, as appropriate, and deliver various training programs
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent work experience) in Human Resources management or related area.
- Minimum of 10+ years' experience resolving complex employee relations issues.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, benefits, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Requires 10+ years of Human Resources experience, with at least 5 years as a generalist on an FLSA exempt level, and 3 years as a manager.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple, conflicting priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft products (Excel, Word & PowerPoint).
- Proven ability to maintain a high standard of confidentiality & autonomy
- Demonstrated experience working with senior management, including C-suite.
- Experience working with various union organizations.
- Experience creating and facilitating team building and learning events.
Grade of Position: A19E
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 36.25
In addition to a competitive salary, Emerson College is committed to the health and well-being of our employees and family members. We offer a generous benefits package to regular staff scheduled to work 20+ hours per week.
Benefits include outstanding health plans with limited out-of-pocket expenses, dental plans, generous time-off programs, and a 403(b) retirement benefit with a 9% employer contribution once eligible. Additional benefits such as life and disability coverage as well as commuter offerings are available.
Please refer to our benefits website
for a full list of benefits and eligibility requirements.
To apply, please visit: https://emerson.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Emerson_College_Staff/job/Boston-Campus/HR-Business-Partner_JR003892
Emerson College is the nation’s only four-year institution dedicated exclusively to majors in communication and the arts in a liberal arts context. Its main campus is located in the center of the dynamic multicultural city of Boston, in close proximity to major publishing houses, arts institutions, and research centers. The college also has campuses in Los Angeles and the Netherlands. Emerson College enrolls over 4,300 graduate and undergraduate students from more than 70 countries and all 50 states.Diversity Statement
Emerson College believes diversity enriches the educational experience by providing students with the opportunity to learn from individuals who may have different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Engagement with diversity in the curriculum, in our co-curricular offerings, and all other aspects of the College enhances the personal and intellectual growth of all members of our campus community. Emerson is committed to strengthening communities, including our workplace, by fostering the development of the intercultural competencies necessary for meaningful citizenship in an increasingly complex, pluralistic society. Emerson College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender in its educational programs or activities. Emerson has designated the Associate Vice President, Title IX, and Clery Coordinator to respond to inquiries regarding the College Sexual Misconduct Policy. The Title IX Coordinator may be reached at 8 Park Plaza, Transportation Bldg, Room 230 Boston, MA 02116; Telephone: 617-824-8999; email: [email protected]Annual Clery Report
In accordance with the federal Clery and Campus SaVE Acts, Emerson College commits to providing all current and prospective students and employees with access to the annual campus security reports for each of our campuses. This report may be accessed from the Emerson College Police Department website
Information on Emerson College staff grade range
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency