College Seminar Director (Non Teaching Assignment)
College Seminar Director (Non Teaching Assignment)Department:
College WideAdditional Information:
**POSTING IS AVAILABLE TO ALL APPLICANTS, HOWEVER PER AFT CONTRACT ARTICLE XXVI COMPENSATION AND FRINGE BENEFITS C. 2, INTERNAL AFT WILL HAVE PRIORITY FOR NON-TEACHING ASSIGNMENTS** One position is available for College Seminar Director. Previous experience teaching, scheduling, or coordinating SEM 105 required. Compensation: Course load Reduction/Overage of 12 credits per semester (Work equivalent to XX hours per week/XX hours per semester) Length of Assignment: Fall 2022 through Summer 2023Salary Grade:
Non-Teaching AssignmentsEmployment Type:
Non-Teaching Assignment Part-Time Job Slot:
N/AJob Open Date:
5/6/2022Job Close Date:
The College Seminar Director leads the College's efforts to support first-year students' inclusions, belonging, persistence, and success by leading the first-year seminar course. also provides oversight for all SEM 105 coordinators to ensure consistency of the student experience across the college. Job Specifications:
**POSTING IS AVAILABLE TO ALL APPLICANTS, HOWEVER PER AFT CONTRACT ARTICLE XXVI COMPENSATION AND FRINGE BENEFITS C. 2, INTERNAL AFT WILL HAVE PRIORITY FOR NON-TEACHING ASSIGNMENTS** Job Duties:
1. Ensure the consistency of College Seminar courses (SEM 103, SEM 105) across the College by providing faculty training, effective communication, and up-to-date resources.
2. Support College Seminar faculty by providing robust, ongoing professional development opportunities.
3. Initiate revision of course curricular materials based on instructor feedback, student success and current institutional processes.
4. In coordination with the deans, recruit, hire, and train new College Seminar faculty.
5. Coordinate the collection and use of data to guide the continuous improvement of College Seminar, including data on the success and needs of various student populations
6. Identify necessary adjustments to College Seminar hiring criteria, curriculum, and policies and advance revisions through shared governance processes/College Council.
7. Collaborate with Student Services and other college offices/services to respond to the needs and concerns of College Seminar students through extra-curricular events and opportunities
8. Coordinate annual assessment of College Seminar general education goals.
9. Develop and lead beginning of semester training of College Seminar instructors across the College.
10. Complete the program review process according to the timing of the program review cycle
11. Submit reports when requested on relevant data, successes, areas of improvement, etc. to the Provost and Executive President
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=1095
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency