Educational Coordinator B (Dermatology)
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website
for the latest information. Posted Job Title
Educational Coordinator B (Dermatology)Job Profile Title
Coordinator BJob Description Summary
Responsible to support a portfolio of School/Center programs, for completing all required program details and providing the highest level of service to faculty, staff and program participants. This position is responsible for coordination of all program materials, classroom set up, and program websites using key operating systems. The coordinator will respond to participant questions in advance of programs, welcome groups at registration, give announcements of essential information at the start of program and communicate critical information throughout the week. The coordinator will promptly and appropriately respond to all client and faculty requests. The coordinator will work with program managers and program directors during the planning process and will work with the highest level of professionalism in an independent, self-directed manner. Coordinator will complete tasks in accordance with standard operating procedures to ensure a seamless, high quality program delivery.Job Description
With oversight and direction from the Manager of Education Programs, and with input from the Vice Chair of Education, the Educational Coordinator B is responsible for administrative support relating to graduate medical education functions, including but not limited to, external rotators and visitors to the Departmental Educational Programs, and all Medical Student rotations. Responsible for the timely completion and return of all training verification requests for former trainees for outside licensing agencies. Maintains effective working relationships with internal and external Hospital Administration, State Regulatory Agencies and other internal and external regulatory agencies. Ensures confidentiality of protected information at all times. Demonstrates exceptional organizational skills and ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment. Uses acquired knowledge to make division processes and practices effective and efficient in line with departmental standards.
The Educational Coordinator B will continually analyze administrative workflow, maintain databases, communicate with faculty, trainees and other administrative personnel regarding a range of issues, and manage internal and external medical education program relations.
The Educational Coordinator B will provide defined administrative support to the Dermatology Department's Educational Programs in addition to performing other duties assigned.Responsibilities/Duties
- Responsible for administrative support relating to graduate medical education functions, including but not limited to, external rotators and visitors to the Departmental Educational Programs
- Responsible for administrative support related to all Medical School student rotations (external and internal)
- Assists in preparation of Departmental Budget reporting monthly or quarterly as needed
- Assists in Educational duties regarding faculty compliance as needed
- Assists in the updating and response to the Educational Program and Alumni websites
- Perform additional duties as assignedQualifications
Bachelor's Degree with 2-3 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is requiredWorking Conditions
Office, library, computer roomPhysical Effort
Typically sitting at a desk or tableJob Location - City, State
Coordinator BDepartment / School
Perelman School of MedicinePay Range
$43,919.00 - $66,183.00Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.University Benefits
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/HUP/Educational-Coordinator-B--Dermatology-_JR00050567-2
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency