Associate Director for Scheduling & Events
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website
for the latest information. Posted Job Title
Associate Director for Scheduling & EventsJob Profile Title
Associate Director DJob Description Summary
The Associate Director of Scheduling & Events is responsible for supervising the scheduling and events staff in providing all aspects of scheduling and planning for events, activities, and programs held in University Life event spaces and non-academic use of central pool classrooms.Job Description
The Associate Director of Scheduling & Events works in close collaboration with the Director (Space and Events) and Associate Director (for Operations) to recommend, establish, and communicate scheduling priorities, procedures, and building use policies in a manner that optimizes and eases access for students to University Life spaces. Works with the leadership of campus scheduling partners on use of University Life spaces for non-student users to optimize down periods. Facilitates the effectiveness of the reservation system for University Life spaces and manages the implementation and utilization of the event planning and reservation software system, ensuring complete and accurate data entry processes which support event planning and execution, equipment and resource tracking, billing, and reporting.
The Associate Director ensures a high degree of constituent service, proactive solution-finding, and student-centered focus. This includes, but is not limited to, consultation with requestors regarding the nature of their event, the space and equipment requirements, matching available space to requirements, and the coordination of support services.Job Description Responsibilities:
- Works in close collaboration with the Director and Associate Director for Operations to recommend, establish, and communicate scheduling priorities, procedures, and building use policies in a manner that optimizes and eases access for students to University Life spaces. Exercise discretion, sound decision-making, and alignment with department priorities. Work with student groups, advisors, and campus partners to convey guidelines positively and effectively.
- Provides direction and guidance to full-time event coordinators, ensuring that event details are gathered on a timely basis from various clients. Ensures that a comprehensive event plan is developed for each individual client by identifying the key tasks to be accomplished and the corresponding deadlines, conducting tours and site inspections of facilities and meeting with clients, matching clients' expressed needs with available space and services.
- Develops event assignment protocols for execution by Scheduling Coordinator who assigns events to event coordinators for immediate client pre-event conversations. Establish shared staff schedule to provide support and responsiveness to constituent needs including evenings and weekends.
- Manages the effectiveness of the reservation system for University Life spaces and manages the implementation and utilization of the event planning and reservation software system, ensuring complete and accurate data entry processes which support event planning and execution, equipment and resource tracking, billing, and reporting. Works with vendors and VPULTS (technology services) to ensure effective configuration of system.
- Produces, reviews, and analyzes weekly event reports, troubleshooting any issues that may arise.
- Bachelor's Degree or commensurate combination of training and experience required
- 3-5 years' experience in event planning/hospitality industry required
- Strong customer service orientation and interpersonal skills required
- Previous supervisory experience required
- Demonstrates initiative and self-motivation with the ability to work independently and communicate effectively
- Previous experience developing effective reporting and data integrity practices preferred
- Previous experience in higher education, student affairs, and/or within the context of a student center preferred
A Cover Letter and Resume/CV are required to be considered for this position. Please upload your Cover Letter where it asks you to upload your Resume/CV; multiple documents are allowed.Budgeted Salary Range:
$68,000 to $73,000, commensurate with education and experience.Job Location - City, State
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
Student ActivitiesPay Range
$61,046.00 - $95,972.00Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.University Benefits
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Houston-Hall/Associate-Director-for-Scheduling---Events_JR00052222
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency