OU Upward Bound Summer Temporary Instructor - Science Subjects: Anatomy, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics Schedule and Compensation: (if a previous summer instructor - please note changes to this position have occurred and read below) This is a part-time, temporary position that runs from June 6th to July 8th, 2022. Daily classes run from 9:00 am to 3:45 pm. Each class has the instruction time of exactly 1.25 hours. Up to 5 additional hours are provided per week for planning and training. Instructors are compensated by the OU bi-weekly pay schedule upon the receipt of time sheets by their due date. Duties:
Serve as lead instructor in identified specialty areas(s). Develop curriculum materials in specialty area(s). Develop and implement a course if instruction in specialty area(s) for Upward Bound Students. Participate in in-service training sessions and staff meetings as scheduled. Participate in review sessions as scheduled. Respect OU staff members during all aspects of the position. Protect and maintain OU classroom spaces and labs according to professional standards. Evaluate and prepare report of ongoing student(s) progress. Prepare, develop and implement a pre-test, interim test and post-test to assist in student evaluation. Prepare a final written evaluation on each student (e.g. grade, performance evaluation, growth,/change, etc.)Adhere to established minors on campus, safety, and health procedures and practices for the purpose of providing injury and illness prevention for self and others.Maintain and complete required paperwork by the deadline required (this includes time sheets.) Submit all reports prior to end of program. Special Request:
If you are screened and selected to be interviewed for this position you will be contacted by Upward Bound staff directly. If you have additional questions about this position please contact the Upward Bound staff by email only. We are not available for in-office consultations or unsolicited interviews
Job LocationRequired Education:
Bachelor's Degree, AND:
12 months teaching experienceSkills:
- Ability to speak, read, and write in clear, concise English
- Able to communicate well and build rapport quickly with students, faculty and staff
- Ability to use classroom technology available
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and Adobe Reader/Acrobat
- Ability to access email and receive group texts for staff communications
:Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to communicate with students and engage in repetitive motions.
- Master's degree in specialty area
- Professional experience in specialty area
- Certified High School teacher in specialty area
- Experience teaching diverse and underprivileged youth
As lead teacher you will be supervising (1) university student instructor assistant. Special Instructions: Diversity Statement:
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
- The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
- The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.
Div Eqty Inclusn AdmnJob Location:
May 5, 2022