OU Upward Bound Summer Temporary Instructor - Science - Engineering - STEMOverview: We are providing a one-of-a-kind summer focusing on hands-on, experiential workshops. Using Raspberry Pi Kits and 3-D printing we will be learning to build, construct, program, and direct autonomous vehicles then direct these new skills at student-directed projects.https://t3alliance.org/category/curruculum/The above is an example of the type of curriculum instructors will be trained in and the supplies we will be using.Schedule and Compensation: (if a previous summer instructor - please note changes to this position have occurred and read below) This is a part-time, temporary position that runs from June 6th to July 8th, 2022. Daily classes run from 9:00 pm to 3:45 pm.STEM Instructors will be required to attend a professional training the week previous to June 1 - date TBA and will need to be certified to work in the fabrication labs at the OU Innovation Hub.Instructors are compensated by the OU bi-weekly pay schedule upon the receipt of time sheets online by their due date.Duties
- Serve as lead instructor in identified specialty areas(s).
- Develop curriculum materials in specialty area(s).
- Develop and implement a course if instruction in specialty area(s) for Upward Bound Students.
- Participate in in-service training sessions and staff meetings as scheduled.
- Participate in review sessions as scheduled. Respect OU staff members during all aspects of the position.
- Protect and maintain OU classroom spaces and labs according to professional standards.
- Evaluate and prepare report of ongoing student(s) progress.
- Prepare, develop and implement a pre-test, interim test and post-test to assist in student evaluation.
- Prepare a final written evaluation on each student (e.g. grade, performance evaluation, growth,/change, etc.)
- Adhere to established minors on campus, safety, and health procedures and practices for the purpose of providing injury and illness prevention for self and others.
- Maintain and complete required paperwork by the deadline required (this includes time sheets.)
- Submit all reports prior to end of program.
If you are screened and selected to be interviewed for this position you will be contacted by Upward Bound staff directly. If you have additional questions about this position please contact the Upward Bound staff by email only. We are not available for in-office consultations or unsolicited interviews.
Job LocationRequired Education:
Bachelor's Degree AND:
12 months teaching experienceCertification in First Aid and CPR (course will be offered)Certification in the labs at the Tom Love Innovation Hub (courses will be offered)Skills:
- Ability to speak, read, and write in clear, concise English on the subject matter
- Able to communicate well and build rapport quickly with students, faculty and staff
- Ability to use advanced and complex classroom technology is required
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and Adobe Reader/Acrobat
- Ability to access email and receive group texts for staff communications
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- If you are a state certified teacher - please contact OUUB and refer to the separate job application for state certified teachers.
Please note - reasonable accommodations according to ADA requirements will be made with help from the University's HR department if these requirements are not met by well-qualified applications. Additional staff will also be provided to assist with these duties.
- Must be able to communicate with students clearly and engage in repetitive motions.
- Must be able to use fine motor skills
- Must be able to operate fabrication equipment, use soldering irons, and other equipment required fabricate computer components.
- Must be able to safely move equipment and supplies up to 30lbs
- Must be able to accommodate exposure to loud noises, dusts, and odors from fabrication tools and processes. (Masks and safety equipment are provided)
- Master's degree in specialty area
- Professional experience in specialty area
- Certified High School teacher in specialty area
- Experience teaching diverse and underprivileged youth
As lead teacher you will be supervising (1) university student instructor assistant. Special Instructions:Diversity Statement:
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
- The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
- The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.
Div Eqty Inclusn AdmnJob Location:
May 4, 2022