The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website
for the latest information. Posted Job Title
Communications ManagerJob Profile Title
Communications SpecialistJob Description Summary
Perry World House is a center for scholarly inquiry, teaching, research, international exchange, policy engagement, and public outreach on pressing global issues. Perry World House facilitates critical conversations about global policy challenges and fosters interdisciplinary research on these topics. It presents workshops and colloquia, welcomes distinguished visitors, and produces content for global audiences and policy leaders, so that the knowledge developed at Penn can make an immediate impact around the world.
Perry World House's mission is to bring the academic knowledge of the University of Pennsylvania to bear on some of the world's most pressing global policy challenges, and to foster international policy engagement within and beyond the Penn community.
Perry World House draws on the expertise of Penn's 12 schools and numerous globally-oriented research centers to educate the Penn community and prepare students to be well-informed, contributing global citizens. At the same time, Perry World House connects Penn with leading policy experts from around the world to develop and advance innovative policy proposals.
The Communications Manager is responsible for helping to lead media relations and public affairs strategies central to Perry World House (PWH)'s mission, which is to bring the academic knowledge of the University of Pennsylvania to bear on some of the world's most pressing global policy challenges, and to foster international policy engagement within and beyond the Penn community. Reporting to the Director of Communications, she/he/they will manage overall, high-quality, timely, responsive administrative planning, support, and execution for PWH communications. This includes strategy execution; website management; social media maximization; media outreach; engagement with core audiences; support of development and dissemination of written outputs; writing and design support; and a range of other administrative and creative tasks that help PWH connect with and build internal and external audiences, influence global policy, and become recognized in global policy circles.Job DescriptionDuties:
The Communications Manager will:
- Lead in helping PWH to leverage Penn's academic knowledge with core policy audiences around the world to influence critical global policy debates.
- Prepare PWH recurring publications, including the weekly newsletter and other publications as needed.
- Project manage the annual report.
- Develop and maintain media and influencer lists and prepare communications for these audiences.
- Support core communications channels including social media, the website, and email lists, maximizing these platforms to achieve PWH's programmatic and other goals.
- Edit and post video shorts; manage PWH photo/video/audio archives; draft content for the website and other outlets.
- Help design and disseminate output materials; track communications metrics; grow the audience for PWH's programs and outputs; and represent PWH across campus, as needed.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will hold a Bachelor's degree and have 3-5 years' experience working in a communications or public relations role, or the equivalent combination of education and experience. She/he/they will be an excellent writer and editor -- with the ability to communicate complex content in a clear, concise, and persuasive manner. She/he/they will also have outstanding organizational and verbal skills and possess the ability to think and execute strategically and creatively with visual and written content. A passion for global affairs will be an asset to the candidate's ability to engage key audiences. She/he/they will have experience with video editing and design tools, such as Adobe Creative Cloud or Apple platforms. A successful candidate should work well with others, be flexible, communicative, and a self-starter, with an ability to multitask. She/he/they will be a team player who thrives in a fast-paced, rigorous environment.Preferred Qualifications:
A Bachelor's degree in global policy or think-tank sectors preferred. Master's degree is highly preferred.Application Requirement:
A Cover Letter and Resume/CV are required to be considered for this position. Please upload your Cover Letter where it asks you to upload your Resume/CV; multiple documents are allowed.Budgeted Pay Range:
$54-64K commensurate with education and experienceJob Location - City, State
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
Penn GlobalPay Range
$51,824.00 - $78,096.00Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.University Benefits
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Perry-World-House/Communications-Manager_JR00052129
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency