Under the direction of the A.S. Government Affairs Assistant Director, this position prepares the agenda packets and takes and transcribes the minutes at the bi-weekly meetings of the A.S. Board of Directors (ASBOD), the University Council (ASUC) and the Campus Life Council (ASCLC). Prepares the agenda packet and transcribes the minutes for the weekly Judicial Affairs Council (ASJAC), and other A.S. boards and committees, as needed. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIESPrimary Functions
Customer Service and Collaboration
- Responsible for the creation and distribution of the A.S. agenda packets for the ASBOD, ASUC, ASCLC, and ASJAC.
- Responsible for transcribing the meeting minutes for the ASBOD, ASUC, ASCLC, ASJAC and other A.S. board and committees, as assigned.
- Prepares the meeting room for the ASBOD, ASUC, and ASCLC meetings.
- Updates rosters for all four Councils and prepares the ASBOD binders for all their members.
- Ensures the completion and filing of members' documents, including the ASBOD Director's Agreements.
- Responsible for updating the attendance record for all student leaders.
- Attends the ASBOD, ASCLC and ASUC meetings.
- Expected to prepare the agenda packets for distribution for all four Council meetings at least 24 hours prior to the meeting and transcribe the minutes of each meeting within 48 hours of each meeting.
- Ensures that all the minutes and attachments are archived properly.
- Communicates with the secretaries of all A.S. boards, committees, commissions, and college councils to ensure accurate and proper minutes are submitted in a timely manner.
- Responsible for organizing the council composite.
- Responsible for other government administrative work, as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with various A.S. and University departments, especially with the A.S. student leaders.
Minimum Requirements Minimum & Preferred Requirements
- Ensures all operations are conducted with safety of staff and customers as first priority, and in accordance with the Injury and Illness Prevention Plan and other safety policies
- Adheres to Associated Students' Code of Safe Practices.
- Must be currently enrolled at San Diego State University, taking a minimum of 6 units
- Extensive typing experience. Proficiency in Microsoft Word required. Previous secretarial experience is highly desirable. Experience in transcribing minutes and knowledge of Robert's Rules of Order (Parliamentary Procedures) helpful.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must be able to exercise tact and exhibit sound professional judgment
- Strong organizational skills required. Must be able to follow oral and written directions and follow projects through to completion.
SCHEDULE & WORKING CONDITIONS
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to relate and communicate effectively with a diverse population of students, staff, faculty, colleagues and guests
- Must have strong English language skills and the ability to read, write and verbally communicate at a level appropriate to the duties of the position
- Ability to operate a computer, proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ability to learn and utilize new software programs
- Well organized, ability to effectively multi-task, ability to prioritize work, problem solve, make decisions and meet scheduled deadlines under pressure in a fast paced work environment
- Ability to maintain a level of confidentiality
- Knowledge of the Associated Students and San Diego State University
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision
This is a part-time (15-20 hours/week), expected to work during Council meetings on Mondays and Wednesdays from 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. during the academic year, and three meetings during the summer. With hours also to be worked during normal business hours Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking around campus. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the individual to spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. This person will also spend time filing and have to do some lifting of supplies and materials from time to time, including lifting banker boxes and files. EMPLOYMENT CATEGORY:
Part-Time, Range I - $15.00/hour
To apply, visit https://cta.cadienttalent.com/index.jsp?POSTING_ID=98394835073&locale=en_US&SEQ=jobDetails&applicationName=AssociatedStudentsofSanDiegoStateUniversityPTReqExt
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency