Activity Coordinator for Service and LeadershipAgency
Texas A&M University - Corpus ChristiDepartment
Student ActivitiesProposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, TexasJob Type
This position is responsible for advising the Student Volunteer Connection, and associated service programs including Alternative Breaks, Presidents Volunteer Service Award, and the Big Event. This position is responsible for the development of leadership training programs and advising the National Society of Leadership & Success chapter. Under direction, this position provide professional and supervisory skills for developing, planning, promoting, and implementing student developmental programs, activities, and/or services.Responsibilities:
- Coordinate Student Volunteer Connection including Alternative Breaks and the Big Event. Supervise student officers, and oversee general membership of the Student Volunteer Connection.
- Advertise, manage, and track the volunteer hours for the Presidents Volunteer Service Awards program.
- Establish community partnerships for volunteer/service opportunities.
- Gather and track service hours and information for use in assessment reporting with organization management system I-Engage. Create community partnership profiles and post service opportunities via GivePulse.
- Coordinate and develop leadership programs and services for the campus community, which will include a leadership conference, 'workshops to go', and series of presentations offered throughout the year. Market and publicize program.
- Advise and oversee National Society for Leadership & Success. Oversee programs, coordinate logistics of membership and plan induction ceremony for all qualified applicants. Advise the student chapter of the honor society and assist them in implementing leadership opportunities for all students.
- Responsible for administering budget, which entails keeping expenses in line with the specified line items, following all purchasing guidelines and keeping track of all expenses.
- Establish working professional relationships with University faculty and staff, especially in pertinent areas such as Facilities, scheduling, Institutional Advancement, UC Operations, and Catering.
- Establish short and long-term goals for each area of responsibility and report assessments.
- Supervise a graduate assistant.
- Oversee event program proposals, risk management, and assessment.
- Participate on university and departmental committees.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Removed because covered in several ways by competency section.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- One (1) year progressively responsible experience developing and implementing student activities programs (one year full-time or 2 years part-time/graduate assistantship).
- Leadership experience in a student organization as an undergraduate/graduate.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Experience in planning, implementing and evaluating small to large-scale university events. Experience in initiating and implementing leadership training for student leaders.
- Ability to understand and interpret policies, rules and regulations. Capacity to multitask complex assignments in a fast-paced environment.
- Capability to use technology to accomplish responsibilities. Possess strong interpersonal, organizational and conflict management skills.
- Ability to work within budgetary limits.
- Demonstrate knowledge of student development theory, strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills; must be able to relate to students and to work in collaboration with various representatives from university departments and the community.
- Willingness to work weekends and evenings as needed.
- Master's degree in higher education or related field.
- Two (2) year progressively responsible experience developing and implementing student activities programs (full time or part time/graduate assistant-ship to equal one-year experience).
- Experience advising student organizations.
- Experience working with first year student programs such as orientation, freshman camp, etc.
- Knowledge of risk management, experiential learning, assessment techniques and diversity issues in higher education administration.
- Experience presenting to large groups of 300+ people.
- Experience working in higher education environment. Familiarity with the organization management system, Engage by Campuslabs.
- Experience managing and implementing service projects and volunteers.
- Previous supervision experience.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Activity-Coordinator-for-Service-and-Leadership_R-045256-1
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency