The Office of the President is excited to welcome a team member who has a wealth of experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously, building cross-functional teams, and leading organizational culture and engagement. The Special Advisor to the President for Strategic Initiatives and Inclusion will lead the development and execution of projects throughout Lafayette College and our surrounding community. The primary responsibilities will include upholding and advancing the College’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and fostering meaningful relationships with our community partners. The person in this role will also lead the newly-formed, campus-wide Committee for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. This is a highly visible role, whose work will have an important impact on our students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Provide leadership for College’s diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) efforts through collaboration with academic and administrative divisions throughout campus
- Serve as the chair for the Committee for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to ensure the Committee’s work is effectively making a positive impact on the campus and surrounding community
- Assess how diversity, equity, and inclusion impact the student, faculty, staff, alumni, and community at Lafayette and make informed recommendations on improving the stakeholder experience
- Manage the development, execution, and evaluation of DEI-related projects
- Serve as a centralized resource and an advocate for College-wide efforts
- Organize and coordinate major meetings, and/or senior staff meetings, collaborating with the President and her leadership team as needed
- Lead and execute special projects, inquiries, and routine/complex responsibilities as delegated by the President, including special project management
- Conduct research as it relates to assigned special projects
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience working in administration, preferably in a college or university setting. (6 years’ experience will be accepted, if the candidate has a Master’s degree in a related field).
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Expertise in diversity, equity, and inclusion, including an understanding of best practice and effective implementation.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with a variety of personalities and to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with culturally diverse internal and/or external contacts.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Experience in organizing meetings and events.
- Ability to understand and interpret policies and procedures as well as apply them with consistency.
- Strong organizational, project management, and administrative skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member in a complex and fast-paced environment with a strong commitment to team success.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to exercise sound and timely judgment and maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a “can do” approach.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, multi-task, and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Strong technical proficiency including Microsoft Office and Google Suite products, with an emphasis on documents, spreadsheets, and presentation tools.
Submit letter of interest and resume online at http://apply.interfolio.com/103223.
Lafayette College is a private undergraduate-only institution offering programs across the arts, sciences, and engineering on a coeducational, residential campus rich in history and beauty. Lafayette is located in Easton, PA within 70 miles of New York and Philadelphia. As part of the culturally vibrant Lehigh Valley with neighboring cities Bethlehem and Allentown, Easton is home to a dynamic restaurant culture, annual festivals, a historic farmers’ market, and arts institutions.
Lafayette is deeply committed to creating a diverse community, one that is inclusive and responsive and is supportive of each and all of its faculty, students, and staff. All members of the College community share in the responsibility for creating, maintaining, and developing a learning environment in which difference is valued, equity is sought, and inclusiveness is practiced. All Lafayette operations reflect the College’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, Access, and Inclusion (DEAI) initiatives, and Lafayette welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.
The Lafayette College Diversity and Inclusiveness Statement can be found here.