PT Instructor, Music for Vocal Jazz Ensemble and Applied Lessons in Jazz Voice
Salary: To Be Determined Based on PT Faculty Salary Schedule
Start Date: Fall 2022
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Location: Las Positas College, Livermore, CA
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District is seeking a PT Instructor, Music for Vocal Jazz Ensemble and Applied Lessons in Jazz Voice for Las Positas College. Applicants will be expected to provide instruction in directing the LPC Vocal Jazz Ensemble “Vocal East” MUS 46 and teaching MUS 38 Applied Lessons – Jazz Voice as the need arises.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. This position will lead and direct the LPC Vocal Jazz Ensemble “Vocal East” (MUS 46) in weekly rehearsals and in performances throughout the year. Scope of work includes instruction in and development of jazz voice techniques, advanced vocal ensemble concepts, improvisation, sound system use and management, holding entrance auditions, festival travel, ongoing recruitment, and concert promotion.
2. The ideal candidate is an accomplished and experienced vocal jazz director who is able to assess, envision, and implement a plan for the continued development of the LPC Vocal Jazz Ensemble. This individual should have the ability to maintain an already healthy music and vocal department culture.
3. Teach weekly 33.5 minute private Applied lessons (MUS 38) each semester to music majors studying jazz voice as the need arises. Check campus email weekly and attend Applied meetings and performances each semester.
Master’s in music OR Bachelor’s in music AND Master’s in humanities OR the equivalent
Evidence of understanding of and responsiveness to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, racial and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, as these factors relate to the need for equity-minded practices within the classroom.
Applicants applying under the “Equivalent” provision must provide details that explain at time of application how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degree listed above.
1. An active performance career as a jazz vocalist and ensemble director.
2. Successful track record of teaching applied private lessons, preferably at the college level.
3. Other opportunities may include teaching music technology/production skills as the need arises.
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
Individuals with disabilities who are unable to carry out the physical activities of the position will receive reasonable accommodations to enable them to perform the essential functions of the positions.
Notification to Applicants
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District reserves the right to close or not fill any advertised position.
TO APPLY, please send the following application materials to the contact listed below:
1. Cover letter
3. Transcripts (Un-officials accepted for application purposes.)
4. Performance and Ensemble directing materials such as links to YouTube videos or website
5. Download and submit completed PT Faculty application:
Name: Daniel Marschak
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (925) 424-1116
Special Instructions to Applicants: The Board of Trustees has implemented a vaccine mandate for all employees. Accordingly, finalist(s) must comply with the vaccine mandate prior to being forwarded to the Board of Trustees for approval. See vaccine mandate information at http://districtazure.clpccd.org/policies/files/docs/BP7330.pdf.
It is the policy of this District to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practices and to assure that there shall be no discrimination against any person on the basis of sex, ancestry, age, marital status, race, religious creed, mental disability, medical condition (including HIV and AIDS), color, national origin, physical disability, family or sexual preference status and other similar factors in compliance with Title IX, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, other federal and state non-discrimination regulations, and its own statements of philosophy of objectives. The District encourages the filing of applications by both sexes, ethnic minorities, and the disabled.