Clinical Research Assistant A/B (Infectious Diseases)
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website
for the latest information. Posted Job Title
Clinical Research Assistant A/B (Infectious Diseases)Job Profile Title
Clinical Research Assistant AJob Description Summary
As part of the Infectious Disease Clinical Trials Group, this position will coordinate clinical research consisting of projects in HIV, COVID19, and other Infectious Diseases. The person will support Clinical Research Nurses (CRNs) and Clinical Research Coordinators (CRCs) conducting clinical research ranging from observational trials to investigational product trials, including both investigator-initiated and industry-initiated trials. Work requires on-site presence to provide hands on support to CRC/CRNs and research subjects.
Duties include assistance with subject recruitment and enrollment, laboratory prep and specimen collection, and research study visits.Job DescriptionClinical Research Assistant A:
This position will support CRC/CRNs coordinating clinical trials within the Penn Infectious Disease Clinical Trials Unit with a focus on HIV, COVID-19, and other Infectious Diseases. Research projects range from observational trials to investigational drug/product trials, including investigator-initiated, government funded, and industry-sponsored trials. This position requires an on-site presence to interact with research subjects and may involve outreach work to recruit subjects from Philadelphia region.
Duties include, but are not limited to assisting CRC/CRN with the following:
Clinical Research Assistant B:
- Participating in site initiation visits, interim monitoring visits, audits, and close-out visits.
- Screening, recruiting, and consenting patients according to protocol.
- Scheduling patient study visits and any necessary testing.
- Conducting patient study visits according to protocol (depending on study and visit, this could include questionnaires, documenting reported medical history and side effects, collecting vitals, drawing blood, etc.)
- Collecting study data, completing case report forms, and resolving data entry errors/queries
- Communicating with study team members.
- Organizing and maintaining all documentation required by the Investigator, sponsor or CRO (i.e. source documents, case report forms, and research charts).
- Participating in reoccurring study team meetings and ongoing protocol training.
- Showing vigilance in patient safety, protocol compliance, and data integrity.
- Adhering to all University of Pennsylvania, FDA, and GCP guidelines.
In addition to above, this position will assist CRC/CRNs on more complex clinical trials, work on study start-up activities, will have less supervision, and will need to use more independent judgment when managing their assigned clinical trials.QUALIFICATIONS:
(Qualifications should clearly indicate those that are required and those that are preferred.)
Effective problem solving abilities; effective communication and writing skills; strong organizational and time management skills; flexible and able to multi-task; strong attention to detail; demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently; knowledge of IRB and human research protection regulations; high reliable and good work ethic required. Position contingent on funding.Clinical Research Assistant A:
HS Diploma or GED required and 1-2 years of related experience. Bachelor's degree and phlebotomy experience preferred but not required.Clinical Research Assistant B:
HS Diploma or GED required and 2-4 years of related experience. Bachelor's degree, phlebotomy, and research experience preferred but not required.
POSITION CONTINGENT UPON FUNDINGJob Location - City, State
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
Perelman School of MedicinePay Range
$16.60 - $25.01Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.University Benefits
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Perelman-Center-for-Adv-Medicine/Clinical-Research-Assistant-A-B--Infectious-Diseases-_JR00051995-2
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency