Real Estate Data Systems Analyst
Land, Buildings and Real Estate, Redwood City, California, United States
About Stanford Real Estate
Stanford Real Estate (SRE) manages the University's land endowment, comprised of 14 million square feet of office, Research & Development, and hotel assets, and with assets under management currently valued at $5.9 billion. SRE's mission is investing and optimizing the risk-adjusted value of Stanford's income-producing lands and it deploys real estate expertise to serve University priorities. Nearly all revenues earned from SRE's diverse portfolio support the University's general fund and SRE's transactions are governed by the Stanford Management Company Board of Directors. SRE is a department within Land, Buildings and Real Estate (LBRE), an entity that serves Stanford University's academic mission through the development and operations of the University's 8,180 acres of land holdings. 4,200 of those acres are dedicated for campus and related uses, while SRE oversees the remaining 3,900 acres for commercial, hospitality, residential and agricultural uses. SRE is proud to support Stanford University's mission of providing education, world-class research, the arts, and economic opportunity to the local and global community.About the Real Estate Data/Systems Analyst
The Real Estate Data/Systems Analyst key responsibilities will be to collect data and perform analysis for the Real Estate group. The analyst will bring technical expertise to ensure the quality and accuracy of the data. The analyst will design, process and present analysis to help the team create efficiencies for tracking, storing, and presenting data. This position will meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve systems issues. This role will lead design sessions in prototyping new systems for the purpose of enhancing business processes, operations, and information process flow. The analyst will review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems. The role will collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications, and enhancements to existing applications. Additional responsibilities will include conducting research on software and hardware products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts. This role will assist in the delivery of reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in operating systems. The analyst will have the overall responsibility for assuring the quality and accuracy of reporting outputs.
Working within the Real Estate Finance and Administration team, this role will report to the Associate Director-Portfolio Controller. Performing data analysis will support the group's reporting responsibilities to Senior Management, Asset Managers, Development, and other stakeholders in the group. This position will work closely with other departments within LBRE, as well as software system consultants, to identify areas where financial system processes can be improved.Description of Job Responsibilities
Candidate Qualifications and Experience:
- Lead efforts to ensure that information systems support the organizational mission and objectives and coordinate the process of defining, investigating, and solving problems related to business systems and special projects.
- Work under consultative or self-initiated direction to assess and produce relevant, standard, or custom information (reports, charts, graphs, and tables) from structured data sources by querying data repositories and generating the associated information. Distribute and disseminate reports to senior management, asset managers, and other internal and external end-users.
- Devise methods for identifying data patterns, trends in available information sources using a variety of qualitative and quantitative techniques. Determine and recommend additional data collection and reporting requirements.
- Design and customize reports based upon data in the database.
- Create non-routine databases and their related information summary; develop algorithms and statistical model; and perform statistical analyses appropriate to complex data and reporting requirements.
- Serve as a resource for non-routine inquiries such as requests for statistics or surveys.
- Lead the implementation of data standards and common data elements for data collection.
- Collaborate with technical staff to standardize and systemize routine reports, dashboards, and metrics.
- May test prototype software and participate in approval and release process for new software.
- Develop system design for new or revised business systems; document and analyze input/output requirements.
- Manage use, implementation, and development of online analytical reporting tools.
- Proactively identify and pursue improvements to database systems.
- Drive efforts to standardize, simplify, and automate all reporting.
- Ensure accuracy of data entered into primary data repositories.
- Perform data audits to ensure integrity of data in all database systems.
- Responsible for organization, accuracy, and consistency of departmental filing systems.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience. Experience in a quantitative discipline such as economics, finance, statistics, or engineering.
- In-depth knowledge and experience using and applying analytical software, database management system software, database reporting software, database user interface and query software, and data mining software.
- Expert ability to collect data using a variety of methods, such as data mining and hardcopy or electronic documentation study, to improve or expand databases.
- Basic statistical ability.
- Strong listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple activities in a deadline-oriented environment; highly organized, flexible, and rigorous attention to detail.
- Ability to use logic to calculate data; efficiently construct a database or scrutinize the form of a question.
- Ability to work with data of varying levels of quality and validity.
- Demonstrated ability to produce data in a clear and understandable manner meeting user requirements.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple internal and external customers.
- Ability to take a leadership role on projects and with users/clients.
The role is based in Redwood City, CA with the option to work a portion of the week remotely.Compensation:
This person will earn a market-competitive compensation package. This position will enjoy the many benefits
of being a part of this world-class University.The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job. Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/3067716
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency