Infant Toddler Center
Duration of Position:
Monday-Friday 8:00-4:15 and 9:00-5:15 alternating schedule
About Vassar College
Located in the scenic Mid-Hudson Valley, Vassar College is a highly selective, residential, coeducational liberal arts college. Vassar is deeply committed to fostering a community that reflects the values of a liberal arts education and to promoting an environment of equality, diversity and inclusiveness. Vassar seeks to create a pluralistic community for all staff, faculty and students. Vassar College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer, and applications from women, individuals with disabilities and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.Vassar College is a smoke-free, tobacco-free campus.Note: Vassar College has a universal vaccination policy requiring a COVID-19 vaccination, including a booster, for all employees except for those exempt for medical or religious reasons.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
The Infant Toddler Center (ITC), located on the Vassar College campus, is a laboratory early childhood setting which serves as a teacher training and research facility, and welcomes Vassar and community families. The Toddler Program at ITC provides direct care to infants and toddlers ages 6 weeks - 36 months.
Reporting to the Site Director at ITC, the Assistant Teacher is a member of the teaching team. The Assistant Teacher provides nurturing and responsive caregiving and engages in consistent and ongoing interaction and developmentally appropriate practices with infants and young toddlers throughout the day. As an assistant teacher, you will support a team approach, working with other educators to develop and implement a high quality early education and care program that reflects the goals of our laboratory school for children ages 0-3. Assistant teachers will exhibit excellent interpersonal skills, clear communication, respectful responsive caregiving practices, and a passion for working with children and families.
Flexibility is required as hours may occasionally need to be adjusted or modified due to staffing or programming needs. Responsibilities:
- Implement innovative curriculum development;
- Provide and model positive discipline practices in classroom management;
- Interact with and support parents, families;
- Supervise college work study student;
- Write parent newsletters;
- Assist researchers working with children;
- Care for the general classroom and school environment as well as other duties as assigned by the Site Director (ITC).
Special Instructions to Applicants
- CDA or 2 year degree in ECE or working towards degree in ECE
- Knowledge of positive approaches for child guidance and discipline
- Understanding of a Developmentally Appropriate Curriculum and approaches for learning through play and trusting relationships
- Organize and care for the classroom environment, prepare and arrange materials, clean up and set up
- Knowledge of responsive care rituals to support children through daily rituals such as meals, rest, diapering
- Desire to grow and increase knowledge in the field and seek innovative approaches
- Cheerful, nurturing, positive, team player with a collaborative work ethic
- Participate in school events such as parent night and teacher reflection
- Flexibility, creativity, effective communication skills, professionalism and strong teamwork skills are required
- Punctuality and consistency in attendance is critical to maintaining a sense of comfort, reliability and structure for the children in our care;
- Must successfully complete all requirements of the Office of Children and Family Services.
To complete your on-line application, you will be required to attach your resume, cover letter, and contact information for 3 professional references. All attachments must be in PDF format. Review of applications will begin immediately. If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources, 845-437-5820.
For full consideration applicants should apply by:
All applicants must apply online at: https://employment.vassar.edu/postings/2591.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency