The Department of Medicine is seeking an Administrative Coordinator
who will provide administrative and grant development support to the co-Directors of the CCGHE-ID at the School of Medicine and peripheral support to other CCGHE-ID research faculty as needs change over time. This person will work closely with the Managing Director and Sr. Research Program Manager to effectively and efficiently manage the administrative activities of the Center. Specific Duties & Responsibilities: Administrative
- Schedule meetings and take minutes, as needed.
- Make travel arrangements (meeting registration, transportation, accommodation) as requested.
- Prepare correspondence.
- Process reimbursements per department operating procedures.
- Order supplies and monitor inventory; ensure office equipment is maintained.
Submit information technology and maintenance service requests.
Maintain calendars and schedule meetings/activities as necessary.
Post and track content to social media accounts and the Center website.
Order and manage distribution of gift cards for study related patient incentive payments.
Manage patient mailings and distribution of study materials.
Assists in planning and coordinating special events/social functions.
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and consistent basis by the incumbent. It should not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are similar in nature and level of difficulty.Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Assist with compiling and formatting supporting documentation for grant applications.
including but not limited to biosketches, facilities and resources, and letters of support, etc.
- Assist faculty with manuscript submissions by reformatting documents and figures, ensuring.
alignment with guidelines, and uploading for submission.
Serve as a resource in all administrative aspects.
- Conduct final copy-edit and formatting for project narratives, tables and figures.
Determine priorities, and maintain a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality.
Take initiative and exercise judgment to resolve issues while providing assistance to the faculty.
Performs other duties as assigned.
* JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience, preferably in a healthcare and/or education setting.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.*
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus, but not necessary.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must be able to multi-task, meet deadlines and provide support to a wide variety of people and positions.
- Must have excellent oral and written skills.
- Ability to organize information.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with absolute confidentiality.
- Ability to make decisions independently or to escalate issues as needed.
- Ability to interpret operating policies.
- Working knowledge of software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Classified Title: Administrative Coordinator
Role/Level/Range: ATO 40/E/02/OE
Starting Salary Range: $17.59 - $24.80/hr (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8:30-5pm
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Hybrid/School of Medicine Campus
Department name: SOM DOM ID CCGHE
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at [email protected]
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
To apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Administrative-Coordinator-MD-21205/883149700/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency