**This position is not eligible to provide Visa Sponsorship.**
The Department of Medicine is seeking a Research Technologist
who, after entry-level training under the general supervision of a faculty investigator or laboratory supervisor, is responsible for independently performing routine tests in a research laboratory and contributing to general maintenance of the laboratory, equipment and supplies. Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
This description is a general statement of required duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Follows established procedures or protocols and utilizes aseptic technique to perform experiments associated with immunology, serology, sequencing, and/or virology.
- These may require basic blood separation, PCR and droplet digital PCR, next generation sequencing library preparation and pipeline analysis, labeling and assay methods such as ELISA, the use of monoclonal and/or polyclonal antibodies and other associated specialized laboratory methods including tissue culture and molecular biology techniques.
- Operates basic laboratory equipment such as centrifuge, pH meter, analytical balance, scintillation counter, spectrophotometer, light microscope, PCR machine, and/or utilize laminar flow hood.
- This person may also utilize sophisticated instrumentation such as droplet digital PCR, flow cytometer, thermal cycler, pipettes and spectrophotometer. Operation of lab computers for data entry.
- Maintains accurate data records.
- Maintains and makes minor adjustments to equipment, e.g. calibrating, alignment.
- Prepares solutions, reagents, and stains following standard laboratory formulas and procedures.
- Monitors inventory levels, orders materials and supplies in accordance with established policies and procedures, counts orders upon receipt.
- No experience needed, we will train the employee.
- Bachelor's Degree or minor in Biology, Chemistry, or similar science or medicine field.
- Related post-undergraduate experience or education is a plus.
- Some research experience preferred. Basic Microsoft Office and python experience helpful.
* Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date. Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Basic Microsoft Office and python experience helpful.
Classified Title: Research Technologist
Starting Salary Range: $15.00 - $20.00/hr (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8:30-5pm
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: School of Medicine Campus
Department name: SOM DOM Infectious Disease
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at [email protected]
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
To apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Research-Technologist-MD-21205/883117200/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency