Mail Service Technician - Mail Services
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected]
or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.Job DescriptionBased on the volume of applications received this recruitment may close at any time. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.Position Summary
The College of Southern Nevada, Charleston Campus is recruiting for a detail-oriented Mail Services Technician with an excellent understanding of time management. This position will provide daily operations for the Charleston Campus Mail Service to include:
- Breakdown, sort and delivery of mail and packages received from the USPS while maintaining accurate and detailed tracking records for all accountable mail and packages
- Determine and apply most economical rates of postage by class of mail and/or special services requested to outbound USPS and Federal Express mail and shipments using automated postage meter
- Assist with preparing automated bulk mailings/mail merge projects using CASS Certification software, various printers, envelope folder/inserter and tabbing equipment
- This position will be required to cross train on all Delivery Services functions and occasionally be called upon to assist at the Charleston Receiving dock and travel to other campuses or substitute as the courier. CSN is a multi-campus institution an in such there are multiple Delivery Services locations; the Charleston Campus, Henderson Campus and the North Las Vegas Campus. Substituting as the courier requires driving from the Charleston Campus throughout the valley to seven CSN campuses sites, UNLV, Nevada State College and other locations as requested
- This position will require consistent communication and interaction with a multitude of faculty, staff and students throughout the college as well as external customers which requires a constant courteous and professional demeanor
This position requires graduation from high school or equivalent and one (2) years of experience in sorting, bundling and delivering mail, and operating mail processing equipment; OR
one (1) year of experience as a Mail Services Clerk II; OR
an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
A valid Class "C" Nevada driver's license is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.Schedule
The typical work schedule is Monday thru Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. This is subject to change based on departmental needs.Starting Salary
Grade 25, Step 1 - $33,971.76
Per Nevada Administrative Code (NAC 284.170), salaries for initial appointments for classified positions typically begin at Step 1. The College of Southern Nevada offers a competitive benefits package, including an excellent PERS retirement plan (a defined benefit plan), generous vacation & sick benefits, 11 paid holidays, educational benefits, and a choice between three health insurance plans that can be supplemented with flexible spending accounts or health savings accounts.Exempt
100.0%Required Attachment(s)To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
- Resume - List a detailed description of the major duties that you performed as part of each job. You must demonstrate that you qualify for the position and your education and experience must be clearly documented.
- Cover letter
- Unofficial College Transcripts (optional) - If you have not graduated, please attach your transcripts to receive education credit for classes you have taken. Credit is given for classes relevant to the job posting.
Out of Area/State Candidates will not be offered travel reimbursement.NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59pm the day prior to the position close date.Posting Close Date
05/24/2022Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-External/job/CSN---Charleston-Campus/Mail-Service-Technician---Mail-Services_R0130491
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency