TEMPORARY Senior Admissions and Records Assistant
Fresno City College, CA
FCC Student Services
Under general supervision, performs routine to complex administrative support and technical duties to support student enrollment, registration and access to records; performs complex data entry, tracking and reporting processes; processes exception petitions and resolves standard student enrollment issues; performs registration and enrollment duties for nonstandard programs requiring manual processes; and performs related duties as assigned. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
- Provides day-to-day lead work guidance and direction to other staff and student aides; assigns, schedules and monitors work for completeness, accuracy and conformance with District, department and legal/regulatory requirements and standards; provides information, instruction and training on work procedures and technical, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Performs routine to complex front counter and web room admissions and records duties; answers questions from and assists returning, currently enrolled and prospective students with registering, adding or dropping courses, payments and access to official records; distributes and accepts and reviews for completeness and accuracy various forms and petitions; provides information and validates student eligibility for particular programs, classes or early enrollment; responds to questions and complaints.
- Answers escalated student questions regarding policies, procedures, programs and services including clarification of course and program enrollment requirements and department processes and procedures; verifies student eligibility and program participation for enrollment, registration and proper documentation purposes; overrides holds and processes petitions following established guidelines; researches and prepares documentation for nonstandard petitions and requests requiring a higher level of approval.
- Provides technical assistance and information to students, faculty and staff regarding eligibility, required documentation, processing requirements and fees; explains applications, requirements and correct procedures for completion of forms, applications and processes and restrictions; reviews completed forms for accuracy and completeness; assists departments with dual enrollment, cohort and other programmatic enrollments and registration processes.
- Receives and inputs a variety of student information into computer systems; downloads instructors' rosters, unit and grade reports and prepares for review and approval; researches information in computer systems; assists with the preparation of forms and documentation; verifies accuracy of information with third parties; tracks students in College services and programs.
- Documents and enters into applicable computer systems grade changes, course repeats, unit and grade point average calculations and other student activity to update student academic records and ensure accurate accounting of student records; assists with grade intake at semester end; researches and resolves enrollment and transcript problems such as duplicate accounts and conflicting/inaccurate information.
- Prepares and compiles packets of materials; receives, opens and processes returned mail; prepares regular and bulk mailings; scans or copies various documents and materials; duplicates, assembles and distributes packets.
- Maintains a variety of standard office and specialized records and files; creates and maintains spreadsheets and databases to track petitions, files, activities and services.
- Maintains all student supporting documentation to meet retention and audit requirements; maintains and ensures the confidentiality of all student documents and records in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act and established District policies and procedures.
- As assigned, accepts payments and cash receipts for parking, child care, tuition and other payments; closes and balances cash drawer; issues student identification cards.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to and understanding of historically minoritized groups and participates in professional development activities to increase cultural competency to enhance equity-minded practices within the District.
Employment Standards / Minimum Qualifications KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIESKnowledge of:
- Provides backup for other departments or division office administrative support staff.
- Assists with responding to subpoenas for student records and enrollment verifications.
- Interacts with other departments and with state and federal programs on behalf of the department/ program or a student.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities to:
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment including computers and applicable software programs.
- Department services, program goals, objectives, policies, procedures and practices.
- Customer service practices and telephone etiquette.
- District student recordkeeping practices and procedures for processing student information and interpreting input and output data utilizing District computer systems used for admissions and records functions.
- Policies, procedures, goals and objectives of a college admissions and records department.
- The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act and other District, state and federal laws, rules, regulations and policies governing student admissions and records.
- Practices and techniques of sound business communication; correct English usage, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Safety policies and safe work practices applicable to the assignment.
- Basic principles and practices of employee work guidance and direction.
- Uses and operations of scanners, phone systems, computers, standard business software, and database and spreadsheet applications.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Assign and review the work of assigned staff.
- Provide customer service in person and over the phone, sometimes to confrontational individuals.
- Interpret, explain and apply District, departmental and administrative policies, procedures and practices.
- Prepare clear and accurate reports, documents, data entries and files at an acceptable speed.
- Determine work priorities during peak workload periods, using sound judgment in the application of policies, rules, regulations and standard operating procedures.
- Organize and maintain physical and electronic files.
- Make mathematical calculations.
- Maintain confidentiality of District and student files and records.
- Track and report statistical information utilizing complex spreadsheets and databases.
- Effectively engage and support historically minoritized groups by addressing issues of equity and improving culturally responsive service-oriented practices.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Operate a computer and use standard business software.
- Type accurately at a speed necessary to meet the requirements of the position.
- Represent the District effectively to students, customers and the public.
- Exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive, complex and confidential student situations.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all those encountered in the course of work.
Graduation from high school or GED equivalent, and at least three years of progressively responsible experience involving admissions, enrollment and student records; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.LICENSES, CERTIFICATES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Some assignments may require a valid California driver's license and the ability to maintain insurability under the District's vehicle insurance program.PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to sit; talk or hear, in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; and reach with hands and arms. Employees are frequently required to walk and stand; and lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.Mental Demands
While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve problems; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or skills; perform highly detailed work; work on multiple, concurrent tasks; work with frequent interruptions; work under intensive deadlines; and interact with District managers, staff, the public and others encountered in the course of work.WORKING ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employees work under typical office conditions subject to frequent public contact and interruption; and intermittent exposure to individuals acting in a disagreeable fashion.
The employee may be required to travel to locations other than assigned work site and to adjust to work schedule changes and requirements to work overtime.Assessment Process All SCCCD employees will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment. To learn more about this requirement, visit the Vaccine Mandate information page or go to scccd.edu.
Only the most qualified applicants will be invited to interview for the assignment.
To apply, visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/scccd/jobs/3457341/temporary-senior-admissions-and-records-assistant
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency