Assistant Director, Revenue Accounting & Analysis (4628U) 35576
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles
, our Principles of Community
, and our Strategic Plan.
The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics consists of more than 275 staff members and coaches and sponsors 30 varsity sports programs. These 30 programs include more than 850 student-athletes who participate in the various sports programs annually within the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA). We are currently seeking an Assistant Director, Revenue Accounting position to assist with ensuring our revenues are accurately processed and deposited in a timely manner.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: May 23, 2022
The Assistant Director, Revenue Accounting & Analysis will review and approve deposits made through the development office and provide necessary back up to University Development and Alumni Relations (UDAR). This position will aid in streamlining the deposit process and assist with reconciliations of department revenues. The Revenue Accountant will also ensure that donor pledges are up to date and that transactions post to the correct chart of account. This position is part of the Business and Finance Office in IA and reports directly to the Director of Revenue Accounting & Analysis.
- Applies financial services concepts (i.e., accounting, accounts receivable, collections and billing), to reconcile department revenue streams (donations, miscellaneous revenue, and ticket sales) to the general ledger and resolve any issues or discrepancies.
- Analyzes and reports on donations and ticket revenue. Works on complicated fundraising initiatives, including capital projects with long term pledges and complex tax implications.
- Maintains a high level of customer service. Works closely with major donors and other campus departments including University Development and Alumni Relations to ensure gifts are processed, errors are corrected, and refunds are issued in an accurate and timely manner. Ensures that gift items in suspense are investigated and cleared on a regular basis.
- Functions as a resource to support staff on issues such as researching complex financial discrepancies and escalated customer service problems. Act as a team lead for support staff.
- Analyzes, documents, and recommends changes of procedures for systems setup and other financial activities. May recommend policy changes.
- Assesses, recommends, and implements changes as needed to ensure financial processes maintain compliance with federal and state and NCAA requirements. Participates in internal and campus financial audits. Recommendations are based on analysis performed by employee
- Bachelor's degree in analytical field, such as Business, Economics or Mathematics and/or equivalent years experience/training.
- Thorough demonstrated knowledge of financial processes, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of financial data management and reporting systems.
- Must have excellent computer skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, in particular) and in common desktop/web applications.
- Extremely strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, service orientation, active listening, as well as effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Critical thinking, sound judgment and decision-making; ability to develop original ideas to solve problems.
- Leadership skills to provide guidance, coaching, and mentoring to professional and support staff.
- Must maintain current knowledge of applicable rules and standards of the Pacific-12 Conference, the NCAA, as well as other associations and agencies to which the Berkeley campus of the University of California adheres, and, at all times avoid any and all violations of these rules and standards
- Experience in Intercollegiate Athletics.
- Proficiency with Paciolan ticketing system.
- Computer programming and database experience (examples include: Business Objects, WEBi, Crystal Reports, and Advance)
Salary & Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience. Hiring range is $65,000 - $70,000/annually. For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying. Please upload the document in the Resume section, then skip the (optional) Cover Letter upload section.
Referral Source info
This job is part of the Employee Referral Program. If a UC Berkeley employee is referring you, please ensure you select the Referral Source
of "UCB Employee
" and then enter the employee's Name
and Berkeley email
address in the Specific Referral Source
field. Please enter only one name and email.
This is a full-time, career position, eligible for full UC Benefits.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=35576&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency