Campus Safety Officer (Full Time and Part Time)
Sarah Lawrence College seeks Campus Safety Officers (Full Time and Part Time) to work under supervision and with moderate discretion for independent judgment performs tasks in support of the College's safety and security operations. Maintains safe and secure environment for students, faculty, staff and visitors by patrolling and monitoring safety and security conditions, and responding to incidents as they occur.
Essential Duties Summary
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
• Performs uniformed patrol of campus in vehicles and on foot under all weather conditions, day or night.
• Observes and detects any criminal activity or violations of Sarah Lawrence College rules and regulations.
• Responds to unusual circumstances and secures emergency aid when needed.
• Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points.
• Obtains help by sounding alarms or using radio communications.
• Prevents loss and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; and reporting building and facility related issues such as flooding, poor or faulty lighting, trip hazards, etc.
• Controls traffic by directing vehicle and pedestrian traffic.
• Takes accurate field notes of unusual occurrences and completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities.
• Maintains organization’s public image and reputation by complying with rules, regulations and legal requirements.
• Watches alarm systems or video cameras and operate detecting/emergency equipment.
• Performs first aid, CPR, Automatic Defibrillator when needed.
• Circulates among visitors, patrons, and employees to preserve order and protect property.
• Warns persons of rule infractions or violations, and issue infraction tickets as warranted.
• Drives motor vehicle for campus shuttles as needed.
• Perform all other related duties as assigned by Security supervisors.
QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE (BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
• Certified by The New York State Security Guard Training Act
• MUST POSSESS A VALID New York State Security Guard License upon hire.
• MUST POSSESS A VALID New York State Driver’s License.
• Fully trained in CPR / 1ST AID and Defibrillator or ability to gain such certification.
• Ability to assist the Police, Fire Dept. and Medical Service personnel when responding to incidents or emergencies on campus.
• Detail-oriented with satisfactory literacy, writing and documentation abilities.
• Ability to work well with diverse populations; and demonstrated level of inter-cultural competence.
• Ability to follow standard operating procedures, training curriculum, and directives.
• Ability to respond to emergencies and crises and to maintain order and personal composure.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• At least two years of proven experience in the security field.
• Ability to work all mandated events.
• Good moral fitness and ethical standards.
• Ability to operate detecting systems and emergency equipment.
Requirements for Employment
Effective October 15, 2021, all employees of Sarah Lawrence College must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Exceptions to this requirement will only be considered for documented medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs. Any offers of employment will be contingent on successful completion of a background check and submission of proof of vaccination.
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants
Online applications only. Search committee will contact you directly if selected for an interview.
To apply, visit https://slc.peopleadmin.com/postings/1661
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency