IT Support Specialist SR
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website
for the latest information. Posted Job Title
IT Support Specialist SRJob Profile Title
Information Technology Support Specialist SeniorJob Description Summary
The IT Support Specialist Senior position is responsible for the overall management of the College House student resident support program. This position develops and provides training and documentation for the student employee team in order to assure their technical competence and commitment to work goals are met, while ensuring student employee onboarding documentation requirements are fulfilled, along with scheduling and other required administrative tasks. This position manages and trains many student employees to ensure functional tech areas are managed effectively. Other administrative duties of this position include Service Desk administration, account and listserv management, asset management/auditing, and being a backup for other departmental areas as needed.Job DescriptionResponsibilities:
- Independently administer the CHAS Technology support program to ensure that CHAS student employees and interns effectively respond to the service requests of House residents, particularly during peak or critical times (e.g. move-in, or finals). Manage and coordinate CHAS Technology training conferences and other sessions throughout the year. Supervise and provide technical guidance to student employees; meet regularly with supervisors; provide direct technical support to College House residents whose service needs exceed the student employee skill level. Collaborate with other CHAS ITSS colleagues on student employee hiring. Provide, and assist with scheduling rotating evening on-call/onsite support. Position is responsible for managing student staff working in the evening and may need to work some evening shifts throughout the semester.
- Manage student employees in troubleshooting complex hardware, software, OS, & network issues experienced by students. Assist with scheduling on-call and shifts occurring outside of the normal workday as needed. Monitor problem trends & develop strategies for addressing them. Provide data & documentation to send to ISC Networking & Client Care for timely resolution. Assist with CHAS staff and central office support. May have dotted-line reports related to specific projects or functions within CHAS Tech.
- Administer Service Desk system functionality and reporting - including subsidiary functions such as chat, phone, text, etc. Develop procedures for accurately measuring user satisfaction & current/future needs, establish performance goals & measurements for services delivered via annual Service Delivery meetings, utilize the results of measurements & analysis to continuously improve deliverables. Participate in development & implementation of policies. Design and/or support technology programs in the houses to support the CHAS academic mission.
- Perform and/or oversee high-level administrative functions within the department, including data storage management, account provisioning/deprovisioning, laptop loan administration, asset management/auditing, listserv management, and others. This position also performs and/or assists with security related functions, such as assisting with and coordinating SPIA administration.
- Research, test & provide support for emerging technologies in the College Houses. Evaluate, implement, & integrate new value-added IT services for students. Work with 3rd party vendors when necessary. Maintain awareness of best practices & new directions in customer service in higher education.
- Ensure CHAS departmental compliance with University privacy, security, & computer use guidelines through routine audits, end-user training, documentation, & asset management. Ensure Penn Privacy and data compliance standards/policies and CHAS asset management policies are always followed and any issues are reported to supervisor.
- Represent CHAS on an ongoing basis on University IT teams. Participate in ISC product evaluations & pilot programs.
- Provide backup support to other areas within CHAS Technology as needed. Maintain a working knowledge of the faculty/staff support operations.
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- A Bachelor's Degree in a technical area or technical training equivalent and a minimum of 3 to 5 years of advanced-level technical support experience with increasing management responsibilities over time, or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill supporting MacOS and Windows desktop computers, printers, scanners, AV equipment and a wide variety of software applications required.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and the ability to work independently is required.
- Strong technical writing and excellent communication and customer service skills are required.
- Previous experience overseeing high-level, complex projects/tasks is required.
- Must have the ability to coordinate and lead effectively, and independently manage schedules/deadlines. Ability to work on-call, some evening hours and occasional weekends as necessary to ensure departmental needs are met.
- Experience in an academic computing environment preferred.
- Experience with Penn supported applications and networking preferred.
- Experience preparing documentation and performing personal training is highly preferred.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple assignments of varying durations.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills and attention to fine details
A Cover Letter and Resume/CV are required to be considered for this position. Please upload your Cover Letter where it asks you to upload your Resume/CV; multiple documents are allowed.Job Location - City, State
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
College Houses and Academic ServicesPay Range
$50,684.00 - $109,155.33Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.University Benefits
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Stouffer-College-House/IT-Support-Specialist-SR_JR00048709
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency