Assistant Director of Graphic Communications
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website
for the latest information. Posted Job Title
Assistant Director of Graphic CommunicationsJob Profile Title
Designer, Publications SeniorJob Description Summary
Reporting to the Art Director, the Assistant Director of Graphic Communications plays a pivotal role in developing multi-channel marketing solutions while providing a broad range of specialized design services and products for the department of Development and Alumni Relations, Marketing and Communications (DARMAX) that interfaces with all of Penn's 12 schools and six centers This is a technical and creative position, requiring high-level design skills for a broad array of both print and digital platforms. This includes developing layouts for publications, infographics, event invitations and programs, logo creation, fundraising proposals and case statements, as well as creation of email marketing assets and e-newsletter templates and graphics. Additionally, this position is responsible to develop all creative adhering to University of Pennsylvania brand standards and ensure development partners are following DAR branding guidelines. This position also requires maintenance of DAR's asset management software and assisting users with the system to upload and categorize files. The Assistant Director of Graphic Communications works directly with a diverse network of internal stakeholders to guide projects from concept to delivery with oversight and guidance of the Art Director. This highly creative graphic designer should be able to work collaboratively, taking direction from partners to develop creative assets that inspire, inform and engage. The Assistant Director of Graphic Communications must also have an aptitude for learning new design technologies and ability to innovate creative assets, particularly in the digital landscape. In addition, the designer will need to be able to extract data from gathered analytics to inform design and marketing decisions as well as work with printers to negotiate pricing and manage production on printed projects.Job Description
Specific Responsibilities: Designs print collateral including publications, event invitations, programs, proposals, and brochures, following graphic guidelines as appropriate for Penn and DAR standards.
Creates graphic elements as requested by DAR colleagues in schools, centers and central units including logos, infographics, ads, and other branding elements with oversight from the Art Director.
Designs emails for university-wide, all-constituent mass-email event promotions and e-newsletters.
Responsible for maintaining the digital asset management system Widen and ensuring photographs captured across DARMAX are uploaded and appropriately catalogued in a timely fashion.
Other duties as assigned.
**Please provide a resume, cover letter and portfolio in order to be considered for this role. Please upload all documents in the “Resume/CV” section of the application prior to submitting.**
Bachelor's degree and 2-3 years of graphic design experience or experience in graphic design, digital media, or a closely related field or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Expertise in Adobe Creative Cloud applications.
Experience working in broadcast email and utilizing/managing content for CMS website (content management system).
Ability/desire to proactively remain current on emerging technologies and communications trends.
Knowledge of photography for use in web or print design is a plus.
Must be highly organized and comfortable working within a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment on multiple assignments.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
Development and Alumni Relations
$42,953.00 - $65,861.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/FMC-Tower-Development/Assistant-Director-of-Graphic-Communications_JR00047836
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency