Business Affairs, Redwood City, California, United States
Enterprise Technology is seeking a key contributor to fill a new position on our Infrastructure team as a DevOps Engineer. We are currently enhancing an enterprise application that supports SaaS and hybrid platform. We want someone with strong experiences and collaborative personality to complement the infrastructure growth and improvement of cloud delivery practices.
The successful candidate will be an engaged and supportive teammate, demonstrate exceptional technical acumen, track down issues, and implement robust solutions that span the entire stack of the infrastructure. Candidate should feel comfortable helping sys admin, navigating the architecture, and participating in discussions about CI/CD, scaling and best practices. We expect candidate could advocate for technical improvements and refactor the existing practice and procedure.Required Skillsets/Qualifications:
Strong Tools experience in continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins, GitLabCI). Scripting (Bash, perl, Python, etc.) against REST API's, and Infrastructure as code (Terraform, CloudFormation, Heat).
Strong hand-on experience in docker and Kubernetes, able to test, deploy, and maintain infrastructure tools and utilities.
Strong understanding and knowledge with Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform and Azure.
Strong system administrator experience in virtualization and storage, solid understanding of system configuration and administration.
Strong understanding of security planning, implementations and technologies including vulnerability and detection, emerging security attacks, risk and compromise assessment, etc.
Implement and support ET server and storage infrastructure, ensuring maximum productivity by preventing and resolving technical issues.
Manages, monitors, and orchestrates all application infrastructures, ensuring high security, availability, performance, and scalability for all services environments.
Creates and updates technical documentation for infrastructure projects.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and eight years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Certifications and Licenses:
- Experience with complex multi-system platforms and vendors.
- Experience coordinating multi-system and computing environments in independent computing facilities.
- Experience developing/implementing a business continuation and disaster recovery plan.
- Proven ability to develop appropriate plans to meet computing needs.
- Expert ability to program in multiple programming languages in multiple operating systems.
- Proven ability to lead and work on large/complex system deployment projects in a team environment.
- Advanced knowledge of security trends and best practices.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, twist/bend/stoop/squat, reach/work above shoulders, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely kneel/crawl, climb (ladders, scaffolds, or other, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, writing by hand, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 21>40 pounds.
- Exposed to high voltage electricity, noise >80dB TWA, confined spaces, hot temperatures, heavy metals.
- Extended hours and weekends.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/3062918
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency