Defensive Quality Control Analyst
Athletics, Stanford, California, United States
Stanford's Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation:
Stanford's Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation (“DAPER”) is the premier intercollegiate athletics program in the country. We are the proud Home of Champions! We lead the nation with 128 NCAA championship titles, won the Women's Capital One Cup four of the last five years, and have brought home the Learfield Directors' Cup for 25 straight years. We also support the university's physical education, recreation and wellness initiatives. Our dedicated staff embody a culture of excellence, embrace our mission of scholar-athleticism and exemplify a relentless championship spirit. Our actions and staff are guided by the core tenets of the DAPER culture, “The DAPER Way,” which are: Embrace Scholar-Athleticism, Pursue and Revere Excellence, Lead with Courage and Work Cohesively.
Are you ready to inspire champions? If yes, then this may be the right opportunity for you!
We are seeking applicants for the position of Football Defensive Quality Control Analyst, reporting to the Senior Associate Athletics Director, Director of Football Operations and Player Development. In this role, you will provide interpretation, analysis, quality control, organizational and strategic aspects for the football program, following strict adherence to University policies, NCAA and PAC-12 rules and regulations. This is a one-year, fixed-term position.Your responsibilities will include:
- Perform video study of Stanford and opposing team plays to identify practice and game plan trends. Make recommendations for adjustments to Stanford's practice and game plans.
- Create and analyze scouting and statistical data reports supplied by PFF (Pro Football Focus). Highlight predictive statistics that give the team an edge on the competition. Present data to assistant and head coaches.
- Update defensive and special teams' playbooks and card drawings. Create digital play and protection game plans by illustrating the how, what, where and why of player assignments.
- Strategize and self-scout Stanford's defensive and special teams' game plans by analyzing trends and tendencies. Make adjustment recommendations to coaches in order to protect from weaknesses.
- Research and analyze opposing team's strategy, chart opponent's tendencies and propose outcomes for success. Provide insights and perspectives for each opponent to assist the coaches in creating a game plan strategy.
- Evaluate and make recommendations on potential student-athlete/recruits to coach based on academic record, team needs.
- Support recruiting staff with on-campus official and unofficial visits.
-Additional duties as assigned.To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree and four years of relevant experience in football coaching, football analytics or related football administration in Division I collegiate or professional level, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Knowledge of offensive/defensive schemes, practice and game plans, offensive/defensive play books and game books at the collegiate level
- Experience with video review / editing / preparation of scouting reports
- Extensive knowledge of NCAA and PAC-12 rules, policies and procedures
- Proficient in current football technology
- Expertise in using video coaching software (i.e., Visio, XOS, HUDL, Player Link, GOROUT and Pro Football Focus)
- Expertise using roster management software and recruiting management software (i.e., Teamworks and ARMS)
- Must be willing to work long nights and weekends throughout the year, including team travel during the season
- Must be willing to travel for professional development purposes
- Must be willing to work outside in all climates
Due to NCAA regulations regarding headset communications, preference may be given to candidates who are within 10 years of exhaustion of eligibility or, if earlier, college graduation.DAPER's Integrity:
This position, along with all DAPER coaches and staff, is responsible for the integrity of Stanford's intercollegiate athletics program and for the reputation of Stanford University. This position is responsible for ensuring that his/her/their involvement with Athletics Department activities maintains the integrity of the University's reputation and does not negatively impact the relationship between the University and its faculty, staff, students and alumni. Additionally, this position must comply with University policies and procedures, NCAA and Pac-12 rules and regulations.Why Stanford is for you:
Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture
and unique perks
empower you with:
*The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. *Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job. *Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/3062904
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency