Full Stack Library Solutions Engineer
Graduate School of Business, Stanford, California, United States
Stanford's Graduate School of Business
has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, pushing the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offering a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We are committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion
in service of our mission of developing innovative, principled, and insightful leaders who change lives, change organizations, and change the world. We invite you to be part of this mission.
The GSB Library of the Stanford Graduate School of Business seeks a Library Solutions Engineer (Web Developer 4). The Full Stack Library Solutions Engineer will work with our Drupal developers and UX team to create rich, web-based research experiences drawing on information from custom in-house resources as well as commercial and open-source tools and APIs. The Library Solutions Engineer will work in an environment with multiple new and ongoing initiatives and join cross-organizational technology strategy teams ready to share knowledge as we develop applications to enhance the library experience for GSB faculty, students, and researchers.
The Library, as part of the GSB Research Hub, engages with faculty members, researchers, and students across the lifecycle of teaching, research and scholarship. As solutions engineer at the GSB Library, you'll help realize our vision of the library as an environment where our users not only find the information they need, but also access a wide variety of tools and services to use, manipulate, and represent data.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to be part of a group that is responsible for facilitating discovery, use and reuse of GSB's library collections. By building, selecting, maintaining, and monitoring the appropriate APIs, tools, and services, you will develop applications for data search and indexing. Integrating the key systems of our information platform will support internal workflows, streamline access to research data, and expand web-based discovery of library resources.
The work schedule for this job is hybrid with a minimum of 3 days/week on campus. Your primary responsibilities include:
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Engage in long-term strategic planning with regard to web development, with the goal of identifying future needs, means of resolving these needs, possible obstacles, and necessary courses of action.
- Act as project leader on large-scale web projects in which strong technical, directional, and personal leadership is necessary.
- Provide thorough analysis of relevant factors to plan upgrades, patch installation, and configuration, prototype new user interfaces for web applications and services.
- Working with content specialists and user representatives, design, implement, and manage web-based applications, databases, and interfaces from initial design and architecture through development, test, and deployment.
- Develop and deploy web applications and client-side web interface components that interact with relational database management systems and integrate with Stanford's web, authentication, and authorization infrastructure.
- Recommend client-specific programming and development strategies.
- Implement and maintain academic content management systems, coordinating with the scholarly content librarian.
- Evaluate and implement new programming languages and technologies. Provide life-cycle management for software and code.
- Design and document data structures, architecture, configurations, and process flows for websites, web-based applications, and databases. Prepare complex technical documentation.
- Recommend, evaluate, and monitor current Internet technologies, web-related programming languages, and software technologies.
- Develop and enforce programming and application design standards.
In addition, desired skills and experience include:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or eight years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Ability to manage projects and work as a member of a development team.
- Ability to identify, clarify and resolve complex problems which may span multiple areas or technical fields.
- A proactive approach to problem solving to develop preventive measures.
- In-depth understanding of internet technologies and protocols.
- Experience developing websites and applications using open source tools, languages, libraries, and web content management systems.
- Demonstrated experience with indexing and search tools.
- Demonstrated experience with graphic design and web multimedia. General understanding of web architecture, REST and GraphQL API's, SDK's, etc.
- Expertise in designing, developing, testing and deploying applications. Demonstrated ability to write, compile, test, debug, and deploy applications on UNIX-like platforms and web servers.
- Experience with delivering finished sites/applications to clients and responding to their needs for quality control, follow up service, and maintenance.
- Ability to direct a team and serve as a team leader.
- Familiarity with browser devices and platform differences and idiosyncrasies, and ability to develop responsive/adaptive designs.
- Understanding of usability, including accessibility issues in web application design.
- Experience with federated authentication systems using SAML and Shibboleth.
Why Stanford is for You
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant programming experience working across Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies, DevOps or Agile practices.
- Familiarity with SQL and NoSQL database design and querying.
- Knowledge of R Studio and Jupyter notebooks.
- Experience and familiarity with object-oriented design, 12 factor methods, and test automation.
Stanford's dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generous perks
align with what matters to you:
- Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care, and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
We pride ourselves in being a culture
that encourages and empowers you. How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application.
* The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/3062900
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency