CCT Bioinformatics Research Data Analyst 2
School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
CCT Bioinformatics Research Data Analyst 2 - Hybrid Opportunity
Stanford University is seeking a Research Data Analyst 2 to manage and analyze large amounts of information, typically technical or scientific in nature, independently with minimal supervision. The candidate can take advantage of a hybrid work arrangement, including some remote work from home and some days onsite each week. About the Position:
We are excited to offer a Research Data Analyst (RDA) 2 position with a focus on integrative data analyses in the Center for Cancer Cell Therapy, at the Stanford Cancer Institute, within the Stanford School of Medicine. The position reports directly to the Technical Director of the Cancer Correlative Science Unit and will also receive mentorship and guidance from the CCT Chief Data Scientist. We seek a highly creative and motivated scientist to perform cutting-edge computational research on multimodal data from patients receiving engineered cellular immunotherapies. This position is responsible for supporting engineered T-cell therapy clinical trials and bioinformatics projects led by multiple PIs within the Center. This RDA will initially deploy established pipelines for data pre-processing, analysis, and integration under mentorship of the Data Science Team. Once familiar with the existing workflows, the RDA will aid in the development of analytical pipelines, data portals, and software for the analysis of multimodal patient data from adult and pediatric patients with cancer. These data types include single-cell sequencing (scRNA-seq, CITE-seq, scTCR-seq), proteomic (CyTOF, flow cytometry), bulk sequencing (RNA-seq, ATAC-seq, TCR-seq), spatial (IHC, CODEX, Visium), and clinical data. Once fully established in their role, the RDA will play a key role in designing, building, and maintaining the analytical pipelines used for routine analysis within the Center, applying pipelines developed with collaborating laboratories, and training new members to the Data Science Team.
Applicants will have the opportunity to work with a stellar team of interdisciplinary scientists. The Stanford Center Cancer Cell Therapy develops breakthrough engineered T-cell immunotherapies for patients with cancer, who have no other options. Our team provides a collaborative environment that pushes the cutting edge of technology. We employ multimodal analyses of patient samples using state-of-the-art techniques, such as single-cell sequencing and CyTOF. The Center integrates genomic, proteomic, epigenomic, and soon spatial transcriptomic and imaging data with machine learning, to identify strategies for designing the next-generation of T-cell immunotherapies. We are located amid a vibrant academic research community at Stanford School of Medicine in the center of Silicon Valley.
The position is available immediately and the start date is flexible. In addition, this position is eligible for a hybrid work arrangement.Duties include:
* - Other duties may also be assignedDESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Extract, clean, and normalize data from a variety of sources such as medical reports and laboratory data; maintain data accuracy and completeness.
- Perform integrative and statistical analyses using existing pipelines; prepare results for publication and presentation.
- Design and build new pipelines and software incorporating state-of-the art standards in the field and needs of the team.
- Maintain an up-to-date code repository for the Data Science Team and collaborators.
- Oversee and monitor regulatory compliance for utilization of the data.
- Use system reports and analyses to identify potentially problematic data, make corrections, and eliminate root cause for data problems, or justify solutions to be implemented by others.
- Serve as a resource for onboarding and non-routine inquiries, such as statistics or bioinformatics questions.
- Test prototype software and participate in approval and release process for new software.
- Provide documentation based on audit and reporting criteria to investigators and research staff.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Biomedical Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or related field.
- Knowledge and research experience in computational biology is highly desired; specifically in analysis of single-cell proteomics, transcriptomics, and imaging data.
- Experience in designing data analytical pipelines, working in industry as software engineer, and/or generating graphical user interfaces is an advantage.
- Track record of managing multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Expertise in data science with an intimate knowledge of R and/or Python programming languages.
- Experience in computational biology
- Good team player with strong and proactive communication skills.
- Scientific rigor, commitment to excellence, and attention to detail.
- Critical thinker with a watchful eye for data inconsistencies and artefacts.
- We are particularly interested in candidates who are self-motivated, think creatively, and enjoy collaboration.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Experience in a quantitative discipline such as, economics, finance, statistics, or engineering.
- Substantial experience with MS Office and analytical programs.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Sitting in place at computer for long periods of time with extensive keyboarding/dexterity.
- Occasionally use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand.
Some work may be performed in a laboratory or field setting.WORK STANDARDS:
As an organization that receives federal funding, Stanford University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement that will apply to all university employees, including those working remotely in the United States and applicable subcontractors. To learn more about COVID policies and guidelines for Stanford University Staff, please visit https://cardinalatwork.stanford.edu/working-stanford/covid-19/interim-policies/covid-19-surveillance-testing-policy
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/3062896
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency