Reunion Giving Associate
Graduate School of Business, Stanford, California, United States
Stanford Graduate School of Business
Stanford's Graduate School of Business
has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, pushing the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offering a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We are committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion
in service of our mission of developing innovative, principled, and insightful leaders who change lives, change organizations, and change the world. We invite you to be part of this mission.
Reunion giving is a tradition at the GSB and fosters the tradition of class connection and philanthropy through robust reunion campaigns. Ranging from the 1st reunion to the 50th, our fundraising team works with graduate MBA, both major and annual donors, to honor their time at Stanford. Reporting to the Reunion Giving Director, the Administrative Associate will play a key partner role in all stages of the reunion cycle from discovery to volunteer recruitment through solicitation and stewardship as well as provide administrative, project, and data analysis support for the team.
This position will work directly with multiple front-line fundraisers, graduate alumni, donors, volunteers, and other university staff to assist in establishing and maintaining strong relationships with all university constituencies. Unique to this position, the Administrative Associate will have the opportunity to work for an established reunion program housed within External Relations at the GSB.
The ideal candidate for this position has a strong belief in the importance of philanthropy and is willing to jump in and learn new processes and systems. Strong communication skills and data analytics are a must. Preferably, the ideal candidate is creative and has the ability to think outside the box, is comfortable working with high-level volunteers and donors, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
The Administrative Associate will provide administrative and routine support to fundraising programs and activities, including data analysis. The Associate will partner with fundraising staff, donors, volunteers, and other university staff to assist in establishing and maintaining relationships with all university constituencies.
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), hybrid position where the work can be performed with the expectation of being onsite 2-5 days per week.Your primary responsibilities include:
- Provide project, administrative support, and data analysis to the fundraisers and corresponding reunion campaigns.
- Maintain and organize highly complex Excel worksheets, as well as perform Excel functions (SUM, SUMIF, VLOOKUP, COUNTIF, IF, pivot tables) to synthesize data; create charts and graphs.
- Become highly proficient on Stanford's databases in order to innovate and support best practices for the team.
- Retrieve donor and prospect information, update records, and generate reports using Salesforce and Stanford's external relations database.
- Bring and foster a commitment to promote and support an environment of diversity and inclusion.
- Analyze fundraising results and giving trends.
- Assist in the design, publication, and production of fundraising materials.
- Manage the mailing process for reunion communications: work with external mailhouse for letters and internal staff for electronic communications.
- Act on behalf of the supervisor or department manager in regard to establishing priorities and identifying and resolving problems that are administrative in nature.
- Build a network of relevant contacts and stay informed on current university initiatives and activities.
- Process reunion gifts and pledges using Stanford's Oracle-based Gift Transmittal system.
- Manage reimbursements and prepare expense reports.
* Other duties may also be assigned To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree and one year relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with Airtable, Marketo, and Salesforce is desirable.
- Knowledge of database systems.
- Ability to analyze data.
- Exercise discretion while working with highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, prioritize, multi-task, handle numerous time-sensitive projects with multiple deadlines, and achieve goals. Self-starter.
- Excellent organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail and follow-through.
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to interact with a wide range of people.
* The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Why Stanford is for You
Stanford's dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generous perks
align with what matters to you:
- Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a Ted Talk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
We pride ourselves in being a culture
that encourages and empowers you.How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/3062860
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency