Human Resources Administrator 2
Redwood City, California, United States
The Department of Anesthesiology, Pain and Perioperative Medicine at Stanford University is seeking an experienced Human Resources Administrator 2 to provide HR program oversight, support, and/or management to include recruitment, planning, implementation, auditing and reporting to meet established deadlines under the general direction of the HR manager/director. This role will serve as a resource to Anesthesia Department staff, and faculty on human resources policies, procedures, and practices. A key responsibility for this position is sourcing and recruiting for all staff level positions, as well as responsibility for HR compliance. This role may also provide human resources administrative support.
Stanford University, located between San Francisco and San Jose in the heart of California's Silicon Valley, is one of the world's leading teaching and research universities. Since its opening in 1891, Stanford has been dedicated to finding solutions to big challenges and to preparing students for leadership in a complex world. Supporting that mission is a staff of more than 10,000, which is rooted in a culture of excellence and values innovation, collaboration, and life-long learning. To foster the talents and aspirations of our staff, Stanford offers career development programs, competitive pay that reflects market trends and benefits that increase financial stability and promote healthy, fulfilling lives. An award-winning employer, Stanford offers an exceptional setting of professionals looking to advance their careers. Duties Include
- Interpret human resources policies, and provide advice on human resources processes, procedures and issues. Resolve issues as appropriate and consult with and make recommendations to manager/director to resolve more complex issues.
- Facilitate the recruitment process by providing advice to hiring managers on job postings, advertising, sourcing, interview questions, and reference checking. Conduct pre-screening, including sourcing and interviewing, to refer qualified applicants to hiring managers in a timely fashion
- Design and manage onboarding and exit processes.
- Monitor personnel action reporting to ensure data integrity and compliance, and research and resolve pay issues. Work closely with the HR Cluster to process HR and Payroll transactions for regular staff.
- Develop and maintain a variety of reports and queries. Analyze and monitor data to recommend and implement process and practice improvements.
- Coordinate the communication and management of the annual performance appraisal and salary planning processes. Gather data and/or generate reports to support the performance appraisal and salary planning processes. May conduct analysis to determine salary inequities and provide recommendations to manager/director.
- Guide managers in the recruitment process; selecting job descriptions and developing job postings.
- Act on behalf of manager/director for human resources matters in his/her absence.
- Positions at this level may include one or more of the following duties:
- Manage the process for academic and staff appointments.
- Advise on documentation requirements, including how to revise documentation to ensure all university and legal requirements are met.
- Support and/or implement compliance programs.
- Conduct research in support of workplace investigations.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED)
- Four-year college degree preferred
- HR Professional Certification preferred (PHR)
- Recruiting and sourcing experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED)
- Associate degree and four years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience applying and interpreting human resources policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing programs and/or projects.
- Highly organized, manages time well.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and effectively handle highly sensitive and personal information with sound judgment, tact, and discretion.
- Ability to work independently, consistently follow through with projects and assignments, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to independently draft effective correspondence and documentation.
- Demonstrated strong and effective interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite, (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Smartsheet. Must be skilled in human resource management systems, such as PeopleSoft and time/leave systems (Axess). Experience using email and internet.
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, perform desk-based computer tasks, and use a telephone.
- Occasionally write by hand, twist/bend/stoop/squat, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds, sort/file paperwork.
- Rarely kneel/crawl, operate foot and/or hand controls.
* Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.WORKING CONDITIONS
- Travel on campus to office, schools/units, and out of town.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/3062847
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency