School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
The mission of the QSU
is to facilitate cutting-edge scientific studies initiated by Stanford investigators by providing expertise in biostatistics and informatics, to mentor and educate clinical investigators in research methods, and to mentor data scientists so that they can reach their full potential. The QSU achieves its mission through an interdisciplinary collaborative approach where QSU members become fully integrated into individual research teams.Duties include:
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Design study.
- Develop and implement protocol for quality control.
- Create analytic files with detailed documentation.
- Select appropriate statistical tools for addressing a given research question.
- Implement data analysis through statistical programming.
- Present results for investigators using graphs and tables.
- Summarize findings orally and in written form.
- Participate in the preparation of papers for publication.
- Consult with investigators on appropriate statistical approaches to data analyses; assist in study design and proposal development.
- Mentor collaborators in areas of experimental design, quality control, and statistical analysis.
- Develop oral and written dissemination of findings for conference presentations and peer-reviewed journal articles.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Master's degree in biostatistics, statistics or related field and three years of experience.
- Proficient in at least two of R, SAS, SPSS, or STATA.
- Skills in descriptive analysis, modeling of data, and graphic interfaces.
- Outstanding ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated excellence in at least one area of expertise, which may include coordinating studies; statistical methodology such as missing data, survival analysis, statistical genetics, or informatics; statistical computing; database design (e.g., expertise in RedCAP or MySQL); graphical techniques (e.g., expertise in Illustrator).
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Frequently perform desk based computer tasks, seated work and use light/ fine grasping.
- Occasionally stand, walk, and write by hand, lift, carry, push pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- May work extended or non-standard hours based on project or business cycle needs.
Why Stanford is for you
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu/.
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks
empower you with:
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.As an organization that receives federal funding, Stanford University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement that will apply to all university employees, including those working remotely in the United States and applicable subcontractors. To learn more about COVID policies and guidelines for Stanford University Staff, please visit https://cardinalatwork.stanford.edu/working-stanford/covid-19/interim-policies/covid-19-surveillance-testing-policy
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/3062845
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency