Cancer Clinical Research Manager - Hematology
School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
Cancer Clinical Research Manager - Hematology
The Stanford Cancer Institute (SCI) is one of an elite number of National Cancer Institute-Designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers in the country. It is a prominent, dynamic, growing, and complex Institute within the Stanford University School of Medicine. The SCI actively works to build synergies and collaborations among faculty with cancer-relevant expertise from four Schools and over 30 departments across Stanford University. We seek a Cancer Clinical Research Manager - Hematology to help us enact our mission to reduce cancer mortality through comprehensive cancer research, treatment, education, and outreach programs. Given the SCI's mission, breadth, and depth, it employs over 320 staff members in a fast-paced, team-oriented, and forward-thinking environment with tremendous opportunities for personal and professional growth. The Cancer Clinical Trials Office (CCTO) is an integral component of the Stanford Cancer Institute. The vital work performed there enables our adult and pediatric cancer centers to translate research from the laboratory into the clinical setting. You will be working with an unparalleled leading-edge community of faculty and staff who are fundamentally changing the world of health care in the cancer arena.
Reporting to the Director of Clinical Research, the Cancer Clinical Research Manager (CRM) - Hematology will support cancer clinical research focused in hematology. The CRM will be conversant in the goals, mission, and priorities of the Institute and utilize this knowledge to conduct impactful clinical research focusing on high quality and efficiency. We are seeking candidates with excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and a willingness to learn. Candidates must be eager to take on challenges with a high degree of professionalism, initiative, and flexibility. Responsibilities include working with the research team, clinical staff, and Stanford Health Care departments to support safe and compliant clinical research.
-Hire, orient, train, and conduct performance reviews for staff handling research administration activities associated with the conducting of clinical trials.
-Monitor staffing levels and identify adequate coverage for trial workload across teams of study coordinators.
-Audit operations, including laboratory procedures, to ensure compliance with applicable regulations; provide leadership in identifying and implementing corrective actions/processes.
-Monitor Institutional Review Board submissions and respond to requests and questions.
-Provide leadership and expertise in identifying and completing research grants.
-Oversee financial resources, as needed, create internal and external budgets for research protocols, assure financial accountability, and serve as primary liaison between sponsor, department accounting, and Research Management Group
-Coordinate new protocol submissions, renewals, and revisions to Institutional Review Board for multiple studies. Complete annual reports to Institutional Review Board, CSTA, FDA and other regulatory agencies. Submit Investigational New Drug applications to the FDA as required. EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree in related field and five years of experience in clinical research, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience. Master's degree preferred.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and database applications.
- Experience with research protocols and regulatory or governing bodies, which include HIPAA and FDA regulations, Institutional Review Board requirements, and Good Clinical Practices.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Demonstrated managerial experience; such as two or more years of supervisory experience.
Society of Clinical Research Associates or Association of Clinical Research Professionals certification is preferred.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS*:
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat and use fine light/fine grasping.
- Occasionally sit, reach above shoulders, perform desk based computer tasks, use a telephone and write by hand, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 40 pounds.
- Rarely kneel, crawl, climb ladders, grasp forcefully, sort and file paperwork or parts, rarely lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh 40 pounds or more.
- Position may at times require the employee to work with or be in areas where hazardous materials and/or exposure to chemicals, blood, body fluid or tissues and risk of exposure to contagious diseases and infections.
- May require extended or unusual work hours based on research requirements and business needs.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/3062654
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency