Business Operations Manager-STA-Sports & Recreation
Responsible coordinating, reviewing and assuring that all business operations and affairs follow the established policies and procedures for assigned department, college or unit. Responsible for oversight of the budget using analysis and financial reporting, assuring that all business transactions follow established fiscal procedures of the University. Assists with the development, implementation and communication of policies and procedures.Responsibilities
1. Assists in the development of the department's annual budget including budget workbooks for revenue generating, revenue projections and allocations, analyzing SAS and Peoplesoft reports of budgetary data for discrepancies to include position management and the Budget Prep module.
2. Assists in the annual preparation of the department's financials for the mandatory fee submission, 5- year business plan, Elective Fee submission, UBIT Questionnaire, and 10-year PPV projections for a combined budget of over $6.0 million per year.
3. Compiles detailed budget and financial analysis projects as required
4. Assists with analyzing the impact of student waivers on the department's annual budget.
5. Develops analytical reports to monitor financial performance and budget variances such as cash flow reports.
6. Monitors several revenue streams, department's fund balance and reserve accounts, and capital project expenditures. Address any discrepancies and errors with appropriate units or departments.
7. Serves as the backup for member services processing opt-in and payroll deduction memberships.
8. Processes daily deposits and reconcile with the General Ledger
9. Responsible for sending department quotes and invoices to end users for services.
10. Serves as approver for ePro, OwlPay, and P-card request. Is the AdHoc approver in OneUSG for all staffing requests and approver on Student Employee Hiring Forms.
11. Maintains petty cash fund.
12. Reconciles expenses from Wright Express, Copy/Print.
13. Maintains records for department sponsorships and donations
14. Supports and coordinates the financial activities for the assigned departments
15. Serves as the liaison between assigned area and other units within the department and university
16. Responsible for reviewing all cash advances and reconciling advances to expenses
17. Assists with contracts, purchasing, eProcurement requisitions, Owl Pay requests and purchasing card payments
18. Coordinates, reviews, and ensures all financial transactions are processed accurately and timely, maintaining compliance with established policies and guidelines
19. Ensures transactional compliance with University policy and procedures
20. Produces financial reports for the assigned area per established guidelines
21. Assists internal stakeholders with utilization of required systemsRequired Qualifications Educational Requirements
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher educationRequired Experience
Three (3) years of related work experience Preferred Qualifications Preferred Experience
Previous experience in processing operational financial affairs; Previous experience in higher education Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities ABILITIES
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlinesKNOWLEDGE
Understanding of University System of Georgia, State of Georgia, and university policies and guidelines.SKILLS
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills; Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite); Strong attention to detail and follow up skills; Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415 Other Information
This is not a supervisory position.
This position has financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel Other Information
Find your wings at KSU!
Are you ready to join a higher education community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country
and one of the largest in the state of Georgia offering more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to its nearly 43,000 students. Our university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. We are growing and searching for talented people to join our mission! Background Check
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=242973&PostingSeq=1
Standard Enhanced + Education
Position of Trust
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency