Athletics Sports Medicine Assistant
Find your wings at KSU!
Are you ready to join a higher education community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country
and one of the largest in the state of Georgia offering more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to its nearly 43,000 students. Our university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. We are growing and searching for talented people to join our mission! Location
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060. Job Summary
Assists in providing medical care with student-athletes. Shadows manager to practice skills and accumulate experience. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Responsibilities
1. Responsible for the overall prevention, evaluation, treatment, rehabilitation, and daily health care for Kennesaw State University student-athletes
2. Assists with all NCAA required pre-participation physical examinations for KSU student-athletes to be medically cleared for participation, as well as examinations to return to practice or participation including and may require consultation with licensed medical professionals
3. Assist leadership in serving as a liaison with licensed medical professionals who assist in providing care to KSU student-athletes i.e. Team physicians, Team chiropractors, Physical therapists, Nutritionists, etc.
4. Organizes on-site visits, game coverage and oversees student-athlete referrals for assigned athletic programs
5. Assists in all KSU and NCAA required testing procedures for drugs, restricted substances, etc.; testing may occur at any time during the 12-month calendar year, even when student-athletes are not on campus
6. Responsible for providing athletic training services to assigned sports programs as designated by the Director of Sports Medicine
7. Serves as a clinical preceptor to athletic training students
8. Responsible for the completion of medical documentation of athletically related injuries and completion of secondary insurance claim forms
9. Assists in all functions of operation under supervision and guidance of the manager or designated leader Required Qualifications Educational Requirements
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in athletic training or related fieldOther Required Qualifications
State of Georgia Athletic Training License or eligible
First Aid/CPR/AED Certification
Current, valid and unrestricted Georgia driver's licenseRequired Experience
Previous experience in an athletics sport medicine role and/or education or exposure to the commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the specialty or field of sports medicine Preferred Qualifications Additional Preferred Qualifications
Functional Movement Screen Certification/Fusionetics experience or similarPreferred Experience
Masters degree from an accredited institution of higher education in athletic training or related field Proposed Salary
Pay Grade: Non-exempt 10 Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities ABILITIES
Ability to work closely with respective coaching staffs and Sports Performance staff
Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
Shadows manager to practice skills and accumulate experience
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one-time meeting assigned deadlinesKNOWLEDGE
Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the specialty or field of sports medicine
Experience and ability in complying with NCAA rules and regulationsSKILLS
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem-solving, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management, and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national, origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415 Other Information
This is a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
Yes, this position will be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 50% - 74% of the time Background Check
- Standard Enhanced + Education & DMV
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.https://www.usg.edu/hr/assets/hr/hrap_manual/HRAP_Background_Investigation_Employment.pdf
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=242808&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency