Senior Web Project Manager
Business Affairs: University IT (UIT), Redwood City, California, United States
This is a one-year, fixed term position.
Stanford Web Services (SWS) is seeking a Senior Web Project Manager
to lead planning, design, development, testing, and deployment efforts on exciting and highly complex projects.
In this role, you will:
The following is the standard job description for this type of position at Stanford and includes information about general responsibilities that might help you decide. If it sounds like a good fit for you, please apply. We're a great team doing great things.Job Purpose
- Effectively lead multiple projects and the project teams (composed of designers, researchers, content strategists, and developers) that support them by creating project plans, estimates, schedules, and statements of work.
- Collaborate with a diverse set of clients to build and prioritize a backlog of work for each project while ensuring that project teams understand overall project goals and day-to-day tasks.
- Monitor project budgets and timelines to ensure projects are completed on time and on budget while keeping clients and leadership informed and bringing up any issues that may affect the health of the project.
- Lead retrospectives to empower and support your team with continuous improvement.
Manage large and complex projects with high performance risk, driving project(s) to completion. May manage more than one large project simultaneously. Work is typically comprised of 80% time contribution towards project leadership and 20% as a technical contributor. Core duties
Minimum Requirements Education & Experience
- Perform the full range of project management cycle: initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing. Independently lead and direct projects requiring high levels of functional integration and involving multiple disciplines to be managed.
- Direct development of an action plan, and estimate requirements for resources, including management, labor, materials, and time required to complete the project.
- Facilitate discussions and negotiations to drive recommendation consensus.
- Develop and help execute comprehensive change management strategy and communication plan relative to project scope and stakeholders; orchestrate and lead change management methodologies underlying project success.
- These elements typically delineate the project management involved at this level: charter origination or scope identification and shaping, scope definition; # of disciplines /stakeholders to manage is across-university impact, and city, county constituents; risk-manage, control and report on risk associated with more complicated projects, affecting division or program as it relates to their project portfolio and risk sharing and control is skewed further to the project manager; project complexity involves synthesizing complex technical data and driving decisions; primary university relationship is at the senior associate/administrative dean, faculty and directors level; cumulative budget/scope from $250k to $600K.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and five years of related experience in management of projects with extensive size/complexity and moderate performance risk, including project planning, scheduling, tracking, and budgeting, or combination of education and relevant experience.
Certifications and Licenses
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills to address a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to productively assemble, engage, and lead cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated project management ability to employ integration, scope time management, cost, quality, human resources, communications, risk, and procurement components.
- Ability to balance customer expectations with project reality.
- Demonstrated resilience, diplomacy, influence, relationship building, and problem solving skills in a variety of situations.
- Keen grasp of interpersonal and impact awareness.
- Depth of knowledge in technical discipline/domain needed to deliver projects.
- Agile Scrum Master and/or Product Owner certified, Project Management Professional (PMP) certified, completion of a Project Management Certificate program, or similar certification in process.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job. Working conditions
- Frequently sit, perform desk based computer tasks, and grasp lightly/fine manipulation and lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Occasionally stand/walk, write by hand.
- Rarely use a telephone, kneel, crawl, climb ladders, twist/bend/stoop/squat, reach/work above shoulder, grasp forcefully.
- Travel locally and cross-university.
Why Stanford Is for You
- When conducting university business, must comply with the California Vehicle Code and Stanford University driving requirements.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Ponder what the world would be like without the "World Wide Web". Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. SWS is part of Stanford's diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff that support this mission. We seek talented people who are driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
How to Apply
- Freedom to grow: We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TED Talk, a film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture: We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you: Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun: Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources: Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit your resume and a cover letter along with your online application.*The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.*Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/3061075
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency