Service Now Business Analyst
Business Affairs: University IT (UIT), Redwood City, California, United States
Work with ServiceNow team to specify requirements and/or design solutions for business information systems and incorporate new technical systems to improve workflow, production, efficiency, and effectiveness. Core Duties Service Now
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Translate business processes into system requirements and/or development of systems solutions
- Analyze new business requirements, assist with the feasibility of enhancement requests, system functionality, current system use, and user needs
- Assist in developing workflow documentation and wireframes and help translate requirements to user stories
- Coordinate with business and technology teams, ascertaining system requirements, such as program functions, output requirements, input data acquisition, and system techniques and controls
- Define and document test scripts for user acceptance testing and coordinate user acceptance sign-off
- Perform testing of new ServiceNow development, upgrades, and patching
- May assist with supporting the ServiceNow platform through problem analysis, building or updating catalog items, support request forms, or ServiceNow reports
- May develop instructional materials, training, and job aids in the form of Knowledge Base Articles
Bachelor's degree and three years relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Familiarity with ServiceNow capabilities, business processes, and workflow
- Experience with enterprise applications and understanding of database-driven applications
- An understanding of the software development lifecycle and knowledge of Agile/Scrum concepts
- Skill in conducting interviews and facilitating group meetings
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to bridge functional and technical resources by communicating effectively with individuals of varying systems expertise and business needs
- Listening, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to maintain good customer relations with clients and external vendors and partners.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks
- Frequently sitting, use a telephone, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, bending, lifting, standing, and carrying equipment
- Occasionally lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 21-40 pounds
- Rarely kneel/crawl, climb (ladders, scaffolds, or other), write by hand, sort/file paperwork or parts, grasp forcefully
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodations to any employee with a disability who requires an accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.WORKING CONDITIONS:
- May require extended hours and weekends
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates a commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu
*The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
*Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/3061063
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency