We are seeking an Admissions Officer
for the Office of Undergraduate Admissions who will be responsible for recruiting and conducting application review from a specified regional territory for freshman and transfer admission to the Krieger School of Arts and Sciences and the Whiting School of Engineering.
In this role, the Admissions Officer serves as a public facing ambassador for the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and Johns Hopkins University. The position will involve in-person and virtual recruitment, as well as some projects across the office which may include working with student volunteer groups, assisting with office programs, responding to and working with prospective students and families, and engaging university partners. They will also be responsible for supporting roles in larger projects that work towards office priorities and goals. This position requires an average of eight to ten weeks of travel and occasional evening/weekend work.Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Conduct information sessions, support tours as needed, and respond to routine requests from prospective applicants and families, as well as counselors Will be expected to represent and be knowledgeable about the academics, student experience and financial aid programs at Hopkins Support programming and events staffing as assigned Manage internal and external relationships: Faculty, counselors, prospective students and families, current students, university administrators, high school counselors, alumni Must be service and team oriented and aware of the needs and concerns of a selective private university The Admissions Officer will have other responsibilities, to be determined around a specific project or program area
- Responsible for conducting recruitment and application review for an assigned region (domestic and/or international territory). Recruitment responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Building relationships and hosting presentations in market
- Visiting high schools and community organizations
- Developing knowledge and familiarity with the secondary school landscape in their region
- Leveraging basic data analysis to manage decisions in a designated region(s) or area of study
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- These responsibilities could include, but are not limited to, hiring and training student volunteers, developing materials for recruitment workshops and other events, assisting with messaging and presentation delivery, building international recruitment plans, or furthering initiatives related to access and diversity
- Bachelor's Degree and one year of related experience required
- Experience as a college or university admissions officer preferred, which would include recruitment and application review
* Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date. Special Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities:
- Good judgment, strict confidentiality, and the ability to work collegially in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with prospective students, parents, secondary school counselors, faculty and other university partners as well as the ability to represent Johns Hopkins University to the public
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, independently and part of team
- Strong sense of initiative
- Demonstrates the utmost level of professionalism with both internal and external constituents
- An appreciation for working with diverse populations
- Knowledge of standard office software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
The job duties listed above describe the kinds of tasks, nature and level of work complexity of the job titles in this grid. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to travel extensively and work nights and weekends as needed
- Must have valid driver's license and be able to drive a car
Classified Title: Admissions Officer
Starting Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 9-5
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: Homewood Campus
Department name: Undergraduate Admissions
Personnel area: University Student Services
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at [email protected]
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
To apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Admissions-Officer-MD-21218/882495500/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency