Regional Facilities Officer
San Diego Community College District
Applications are currently being accepted for Regional Facilities Officer in the Facilities Department, at the San Diego Community College District. Hours are from 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM; Monday through Friday. Selected candidate must be willing to adjust work days/hours based on the department's needs. Please note that an employee may be transferred to any site at the option of the Chancellor.
Skills and Abilities:
- Applicable federal, State, and local building, safety, and health codes.
- District rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Methods, practices, tools, equipment, and supplies used in building and custodial services.
- Operation and use of computers and software applications necessary for area of specialty.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Principles of supervision and training.
- Team building and conflict resolution techniques.
- Technical aspects of building and maintenance trades sufficient to assess need for services and monitor progress.
Training and Experience:
- Analyze data and make recommendations regarding processes, policies, and procedures. Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Coordinate work with staff from a variety of District departments and external organizations. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Implement a regional safety-training program.
- Interpret, apply, and explain rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Monitor contract performance.
- Operate computers and business-related software, including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet schedules and timelines.
- Prepare statistical and narrative reports from multiple sources of data.
- Train, supervise, and evaluate the work performance of assigned staff.
- Use a variety of specialized software programs and online tools to manage data.
- Work cooperatively with others. Work independently with minimal supervision.
Any combination of training experience equivalent to: four years of college in a field related to plant operations and three years of increasingly responsible supervisory or management experience in plant operations, preferably in a large educational setting or other public agency. License
Valid California driver’s license.
Range 13 ($6,209.81- $10,367.51) per month based on the current Supervisory and Professional Employees’ Association – Salary Schedule A
Initial salary placement is commensurate with related experience and promotional rules. The District offers a comprehensive fringe benefit package including employer paid: medical, dental, and vision plans; sick and vacation leave; and opportunities for professional development. Initial Salary Placement, Promoted or transferred employees will be placed as specified in the SPAA – Supervisory & Professional Administrators Association
Handbook. This position is FLSA Non-Exempt and may accrue overtime. A temporary probationary period will be applied to the employee entering this assignment. The SDCCD Employment Web Page provides a link to employee collective bargaining agreements and handbooks, and more information about terms and conditions of employment to include salary and benefits.
To apply, visit: https://www.sdccdjobs.com
All applicants must have demonstrated cultural competency and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency