Research Program Assistant II
We are seeking a Research Program Assistant II
who will assist with various research projects in the Johns Hopkins Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. This role will participate in various projects related to mental health interventions in community settings. Projects include efforts to promote coordination and integration of child mental health and primary care, projects that seek to develop, implement, and evaluate mental health interventions within mental health settings and outside of traditional health systems such as schools, and more basic research to understand risk and protective factors for children's disruptive behavior problems. Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Work with the principal investigator and with other program staff in the areas of data collection, management, and analysis.
- Complies and helps maintain/update IRB protocols for PI.
- Recruit study subjects by phone, email, or in person.
- Collect project data directly from study participants by phone, email and in person.
- Enter data from study subjects, assist with data cleaning and analysis, and assist with preparing study findings for presentations.
- May conduct literature searches, summarize findings, and prepare materials for use during data collection.
- Assist in preparing materials for ethical review.
- Follow accepted standards for data integrity, data security, and confidentiality.
- Review study forms for completeness and obtain clarification/corrections as needed.
- Maintain subject records in an organized manner such that each subject's records can be retrieved quickly.
- Enter research data into database.
- Assist with cleaning study data.
- Assist with project analyses using Microsoft Excel or SPSS or similar program.
- Complete assignments within agreed timelines.
- Support PI in presentations, publication, and grant preparations.
- Attend weekly research meetings.
- Generate to-do lists from meetings and timelines for the completion of tasks.
- Perform miscellaneous related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- 2 years related experience.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.*
* JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job. Preferred Qualifications:
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, Neuroscience, Public Health or related field.
- Proficient in using PowerPoint and reference manager software (e.g., EndNote).
- Knowledge/proficiency with statistical software (e.g., SPSS, SAS, STATA, MPLUS), and database management (e.g., developing databases in REDCap, Microsoft Access, or SPSS) is desirable.
- Enthusiastic, responsible, able to work independently, and have great interpersonal and communication skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to stand, walk or sit for an extended period of time.
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard.
- Communication skills using the spoken word.
- Ability to see within normal parameters.
- Ability to hear within normal range.
Classified Title: Research Program Assistant II
Starting Salary Range: $15.00 - $20.00/hr (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8:30-5
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: School of Medicine Campus
Department name: SOM Psy Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at [email protected]
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
To apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Research-Program-Assistant-II-MD-21205/882184600/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency