Associate Director of Development, Central Bloomberg Stewardship
Johns Hopkins Development & Alumni Relations (DAR) is seeking an Associate Director of Development for the Central Bloomberg Stewardship team. This team is responsible for managing and stewarding the institution's largest donor, referred to as the Foundation. The Associate Director will manage complex projects, oversee communications and briefings, lead grant reporting, as well as supporting the Vice President and Associate Vice President for DAR with all Foundation-related work.
This position includes regular communication and correspondence with senior leadership at JHU and the Foundation, as well as patients, faculty, and students. The Associate Director will be responsible for drafting and editing regular reports and communications to the Foundation as it pertains to the Faculty and Research portfolio, while working with senior leadership to create new strategies on how to highlight the impact of the Foundation's philanthropy to JHU. The successful candidate will be skilled in managing and prioritizing multiple projects simultaneously and effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Most duties involve sensitive and/or confidential information. This position reports to the Senior Director of Central Bloomberg Stewardship. The individual in this position exercises independent judgment in the resolution of administrative challenges and performs under pressure with a high degree of accuracy, diplomacy, and confidentiality.Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop strategies to showcase the Foundation's impact at JHU and provide the Foundation with updates, reports and high-level stewardship pieces highlighting the impact. Manages special events and other stewardship opportunities for the Foundation.
- Build and sustain collaborative relationships with colleagues across the institution as it relates to programs supported by the Foundation, including but not limited to the Office of the President, the Fund for Johns Hopkins Medicine, Research Administration, Finance & Administration, General Accounting, the Provost's Office, and Office of General Counsel.
- Oversee activity in the areas of Faculty Support and Research ongoing at Johns Hopkins; this could include matters relating to the Bloomberg Distinguished Professors Program, Professorship Match, and other research programs funded by the Foundation.
- Oversee the development of Presidential Briefings and other executive level remarks, memos, proposals, etc. for JHU Leadership and the Foundations.
- Acts as the liaison to the Foundation in matters relating to all gift accounting and reporting to ensure that giving is processed and recorded accurately.
- In conjunction with the Vice President and Central Bloomberg Stewardship team, responds to ad hoc urgent requests for information/assistance from the Foundation's leadership.
- Assists the Senior Director of Stewardship in managing high priority tasks and new duties as assigned.
Special Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree
- Three years related experience, with at least two years of professional experience.
- Superior writing and editing skills, including the ability to draft original materials.
- Proficiency in Aladin, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), Adobe InDesign and the ability to learn new software.
- Proficiency in interpreting budgets and financial reports.
- Ability to translate complex data into simple, effective and visually-appealing ways.
- Ability to be flexible and composed in rapidly changing situations and to thrive in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Aptitude in performing within severe time constraints with the highest degree of accuracy, effectiveness and diplomacy.
- Must possess exceptional organizational skills with a high functioning attention to detail.
- Ability to make independent decisions using careful judgement and action in order to determine priorities.
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong desire to associate with Johns Hopkins University and to champion the mission and values of the institution and our organization.
- Knowledge of Johns Hopkins University and/or development operations is highly desirable.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for the required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
All applicants are expected to uphold the university's core values which includes diversity and inclusion. All staff treat people with dignity and respect by being fair and consistent. We demonstrate an open-minded approach to understanding people regardless of their race, gender, age, national origin, religion, ethnicity, disability status or other characteristics. We show respect for the beliefs and traditions of others; encourage and promote practices that support cultural diversity; and discourage behaviors or practices that may be perceived as unfair, biased, or critical toward people with certain backgrounds.
Classified Title: Donor Relations Officer
Working Title: Associate Director of Development, Central Bloomberg Stewardship
Starting Salary Range:
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: 01-MD:Homewood Campus
Department name: 60009052-Bloomberg Stewardship
Personnel area: University Administration
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at [email protected]
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
To apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Associate-Director-of-Development%2C-Central-Bloomberg-Stewardship-MD-21218/881895000/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency