Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world. Location
Statesboro Department Information
2410101 - University Store Job Summary
The Assistant Manager supports the Manager in the daily functions of the University Store. Performs retail duties to promote efficient and profitable operations. Provides excellent customer service to patrons and employees alike.Due to the Governor's approval for the Cost of Living Adjustment to Fiscal Years 2022 and 2023, final salaries at the time of hire may be impacted, but will not be lower than what is advertised. Responsibilities
Required Qualifications Educational Requirements
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Provide excellent customer service
- Assist Manager as required by business needs, such as but not limited to opening and closing store, scheduling staff, promoting sales by demonstrating merchandise and products, limiting loss of revenue due to loss prevention/shrinkage
- Responsible for the daily operations and overall success of the Textbook Department
- Monitor the textbook/course materials ordering cycle; inform faculty/staff of adoption deadlines;
- ordering processes, sourcing and pricing
- Monitor inventory discrepancies, negatives and adjustments to define areas of shrink
- Hire, train, and supervise staff and student workers
- Manage trade book and study aids; order goods; monitor inventory/address issues; coordinate book signings
- Oversee textbook returns and wholesale shipments processes; maintain textbook wholesale programs; request quotes from non-MBS companies, coordinate buyback terms/options
- Meet with vendors and associates; attend trade shows and conferences
- Oversee maintenance of warehouse, storage units, equipment and vehicles
- Collaborate with textbook team to develop and implement alternative course material delivery methods to reduce the cost of materials to students
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of purchase order payments; work with accounting department to monitor and clear existing vendor credits
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on industry standards and practices; research alternate textbook programs and processes and proactive approaches to maintaining/improving faculty cooperation and market share
- Develop and maintain loss prevention program in collaboration with management staff
- Collaborate with Central Receiving to enhance processes and improve inventory management
- Plan promotion, staging and break-down of seasonal events, e.g. back-to-school rush, textbook buyback, graduation and other special events; coordinate needs with department managers; and maintain/order staging supplies
- Associate degree or two (2) or more years of post-secondary education
Preferred Qualifications Preferred Experience
- Three (3) or more years of related work experience
- Two (2) or more years of related experience in a retail and customer service environment
- Supervisory experience
$19.95 - $24.37 per hour Required Documents to Attach
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities ABILITIES
- Please attach three (3) professional references in the Required Documents to Attach section of your application.
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Ability to work well in a diverse and inclusive environment through commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and secure sensitive information
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
Apply Before Date
- Effective communication (verbal and written), organizational and human relations skills
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service centered work ethic
June 3, 2022 Contact Information
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at [email protected]
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or [email protected]
. Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community. Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947. Other Information
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work generally performed in commercial cafeteria or food service setting
- Workweek may occasionally extend beyond 40 hours to evenings and weekends
- Stand, walk for long periods throughout day
- May be required to maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
Position of Trust or Position of Trust and Education*
*Based on final candidate selection Other Information
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=242138&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency