Director Business Development
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected]
or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.Job Description
The Director, Business Development reports to the Division of Workforce and Economic Development Executive Director. The position is responsible for overseeing the Business Development Unit of the Division. This includes the apprenticeships programs and some Continuing Education courses/programs as assigned that generate revenue to DWED. Which includes but is not limited to skills or interest needs: sales (external and internal contracts). This position will also have some responsibility in the promotion of current program inventory: development of just-in-time training services/programs; and overseeing and operations as related to the Business Development Unit. Oversees, apprenticeship, contracts and continuing education that meet the needs of business and industry. The position requires leading, directing, and accountability of direct reports.The ideal candidate should possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Ability to provide leadership, direction, and accountability.
- Ability to provide direction to the activities of assigned Unit.
- Ability to develop and execute strategies to accomplish assigned goals, objectives, and expected outcomes.
- Ability to develop and implement Unit specific policies and procedures.
- Ability to analyze performance of assigned Unit.
- Ability to monitor assigned budget.
- Ability to lead and work in a team-oriented, cross-functional environment.
- Ability to oversee and manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Ability to conduct market research and identify selling possibilities.
- Ability to evaluate business and industry customer needs.
- Ability to actively seek out new sales opportunities through cold calling, networking, and social media outlets.
- Ability to set up meetings with potential clients and listening to their needs, desires, and concerns.
- Ability to contact potential clients and make sales presentations.
- Ability to maintain client accounts effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to provide leadership in strategic sales and evaluation of training services designed to meet the needs of business and industry.
- Ability to adjust and make modifications in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to advocate effectively for the College's programs and services locally and internationally.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and written.
- Ability to interact and show respect for a diverse population.
- Ability to relate effectively with a wide diversity of constituents & stakeholders.
- Knowledge of leadership, management, accountability techniques, and the ability to apply those techniques.
- Knowledge of sales best practices, tactics, strategies, as well as monitoring and evaluation of techniques.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local professional development grant opportunities.
- Knowledge of local, state, and national workforce and economic development trends.
- Working knowledge of local and state economic indicators.
- Bachelor's degree in from a regionally accredited college or university in a related field; OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4 years of related experience.
- 2 years of staff supervisory/management experience.
Starting Salary Range
- 4 years of staff supervisory/management experience.
Administrative Faculty D
$83,340 - $89,174
*This position is contingent upon ongoing and available funding.Required Attachment(s)
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for three professional references (Name, email, and phone number)
- Unofficial Academic Transcripts (Applicants who have earned their degrees outside of the United States must have their educational transcripts evaluated by an approved evaluator if their college or university is not listed in the most recent edition of the Higher Education Directory, published by Higher Education Publications, Inc. If you have any questions regarding this, please reach out to the Human Resources, Talent Acquisition & Classification team.
Out of Area/State Candidates will not be offered travel reimbursement.Exempt
100.0%Required Attachment(s)Posting Close Date
05/27/2022Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-External/job/CSN---ALC---SatelliteLeased-Locations/Director-Business-Development_R0130247-1
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency