Financial Aid Assistant IAgency
Texas A&M University - Corpus ChristiDepartment
Financial AssistanceProposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, TexasJob Type
This position is responsible for providing support to the financial assistance, admissions, and registrar's office. This position will answer questions and collect all documents that are turned in. Ensures documents completion and logs them in the system.Responsibilities:
- Collect documents that are required to complete a financial assistance award package.
- Answer questions related to financial aid, admissions, or registrar's office.
- Assist with answering basic questions of each of the three offices represented at the front counter due to the creation of a one-stop-shop.
- Direct, answer, and assist students with Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application, entrance counseling, sign a Master Promissory Note, or questions with regard to the financial aid process.
- Refer students, parents, or faculty to the proper personnel or departments that can help with an issue or concern.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three (3) year customer service related experience.
- Additional education may be considered as a substitution for the minimum experience requirements.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), spreadsheets, and databases.
- Detail-oriented and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and strong customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate courteously and effectively with students, faculty, staff, and public.
- Ability to work under pressure at various times throughout the academic year and have a desire to help students.
- Bilingual Spanish/English.
- Experience working in a university environment.
- Experience working with students.
- Document Analysis and Logging for audit purposes.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Financial-Aid-Assistant-I_R-049843
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency