Indiana Tech is a thriving, independent, teaching-oriented institution with a focus on career-oriented programs in business, engineering, information technology and computer science, criminal justice, life sciences, human services and many other concentrations. Indiana Tech enrolls nearly 1,500 students in its traditional undergraduate programs on its picturesque main campus and nearly 5,000 students in its College of Professional Studies programs online and onsite at 15 regional locations. Degrees are offered at the associate, bachelor's, master's and doctoral levels.
Over 41% of our students are either globally or domestically diverse; this contributes to our unique vibrant and inclusive campus community. All academic programs are designed to provide students with relevant and practical experiences, including an emphasis on internships. The university is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Indiana Institute of Technology embraces diversity and equal opportunity intentionally. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success with respect to educating our students to become global citizens. Indiana Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Indiana Tech has big plans for its future. Learn more at Indiana Tech Strategic Plan.
The Senior Data Analyst will support the university's reporting, planning, and decision making by maintaining, cleaning, and analyzing institutional data and coding conventions. The qualified candidate must have a strong understanding of the complexities of data management, extraction, and advanced analysis techniques.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Acquire and maintain a deep understanding of university data and apply best practices to working with databases, tables, and extracts
- Work with complex data sets, merge current with historical records, and use database query tools to extract data
- Assist with data collection and analysis of internal and external surveys, assessments, and reporting
- Develop and maintain internal data reports for Institutional Research & Registrars Office with detailed and accurate documentation of all projects
- Assist in creating and maintain coding conventions to ensure consistency for data reporting
- Create and maintain Microsoft PowerBI dashboards for internal and external customers
- Work closely with other institutional offices to ensure data integrity of institutional data
- Complete ad-hoc reporting requests
- Support the mission, vision, and strategic plan of Indiana Institute of Technology
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree required; graduate degree preferred
- Detail oriented with ability to work to a high degree of accuracy
- Basic understanding of student-related institutional data, e.g., enrollment, degrees awarded, graduation and retention rates, admissions etc.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to use queries to extract data from an integrated data system
- Intermediate to Expert level of Excel knowledge
- Writing and analyzing SQL coding language
- Preferred: Two years of relevant work experience in higher education in a role involving data analysis, research methodology, or related discipline
- Preferred: SSRS experience and PowerBI experience
- Demonstration of programming languages, such as SQL and other reporting tools
- Experience working with student information/ERP systems (Jenzabar preferred)
A complete job description is available to qualified candidates.
Application materials must include a cover letter and resume. Applicants must be prepared to provide a written response to Tech's vision and diversity statements.
For preferred review of materials please apply by June 15, 2022.