UX Manager (6077U) 30891
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles
, our Principles of Community
, and our Strategic Plan.
Berkeley Summer Sessions, Study Abroad, University Extension, and Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (SSALLEX) is the trusted educational provider for students at all stages of their academic and professional journeys. As the extended educational division of the University of California, Berkeley, SSALLEX fulfills an essential part of the University's mission to extend access to this world-renowned university's research and scholarship to a global community.
A vibrant, inclusive, and dynamic organization, SSALLEX welcomes 60,000 visiting, current, and potential Berkeley students studying across a wide range of programs, including year-round courses, Fall Program for Freshmen, post-baccalaureate programs, visiting student experiences, study abroad programs, global internships, summer minors, professional certificates, and year-round offerings for older adults. On-campus and online offerings allow students from all across the globe to receive a Berkeley education.
SSALLEX works closely with faculty, academic units, international business partners, parents, and central campus service providers to extend the reach of the university's world-renowned network of instructors, experts, and professionals. We create rich learning experiences to develop skill sets and critical minds and motivate our students to be the change they want to see.
Application Review Date
The minimum posting duration of this position is 14 calendar days. The department will not initiate the application review process prior to February 18, 2022.
The UX Manager works alongside a team to develop and maintain complex websites and develop, enhance, and maintain a variety of digital properties with a broad audience and/or with a high consequence of error. Mentors staff and exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. The incumbent will surface and prioritize customer issues in existing web experiences, and lead the design of new and existing web products-- bringing customer insights and best practices.
- Develops and implements comprehensive short and long-range strategic digital communications programs and projects.
- Brings best-in-class UX (user experience) techniques to our portfolio. Uses and understands user research, information architecture, interaction design, and content strategy to clearly communicate our programs to students.
- Researches, develops, and produces websites.
- Develops strategic recommendations on organization and design of web products and information architecture based on student experiences, business goals, and performance data
- Work hand-in-hand with the Marketing and Creative Services team in order to produce the digital content, mockups, and Web Design.
- Project Manages the ongoing web development and maintenance of web properties.
- Knowledge of agile/scrum methodology in order to improve the process of development.
- Consults with management and other professionals to develop strategic digital communication plans, programs, or projects to ensure that digital communication meets the organization's needs and effectively delivers the desired message.
- Listen to stakeholder feedback, is on top of digital trends and competitive insights to propose solutions and opportunities for the website.
- Ensures the Web Team maintains currency with emerging and state-of-the-art technical and other web-related technologies, requirements and developments (for example, accessibility issues) and recommends or implements actions.
- Serves as an advisor on all aspects of digital communications coaching the team and developing a long-term strategy for the website and other digital assets.
- Acts as a key representative of the web team for the external departments.
- Selects, trains, supervises, motivates, and evaluates the web team.
- Advanced knowledge of the fundamentals of design and implementation.
- Advanced skill in creating effective web sites.
- Advanced knowledge of digital communication media, including content management systems and / or relevant web applications used for web site production, and organization-specific computer application programs.
- Advanced understanding of organization's processes, procedures, and applicable rules and regulations for web communication.
- Advanced knowledge of the organization, including its achievements, goals, objectives, vision and mission and how digital communication can effectively convey and advance the message to various audiences.
- Advanced skill to monitor and assess processes or services and make necessary improvements.
- Advanced project management skills to complete projects within budget and time constraints.
- Advanced interpersonal communication skills, including political acumen and skill in trouble-shooting and applying proactive and positive solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Advanced understanding of technical language and requirements of the assigned work.
- Advanced technical skills in computer applications for web production, image handling, publishing and design, illustration, presentation preparation, animation, web interaction, and / or other state-of-the-art web communication capabilities.
Salary & Benefits
This is a full-time (100% FTE) Career position. For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
This is a remote-friendly position, eligible for 100% remote capability.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=30891&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency